South Pole Travels

This story was inspired by many Wattpad writers of fanfic. But for this one, I had to do some of my own twists in it. So sorry if you read anything that seems familiar to you. 

~ ~ ~

Water

Earth

Fire

Air

(Suhara's POV)

My father used to tell me stories about the old days. A time of peace, when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when we: the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar master of all the four elements. Only he could stop us ruthless Firebenders. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. Over 100 years have passed, and the Fire Nation was gaining victory in the war. Then on 94 AG, my father, my brother and all the soldiers of the Fire Nation journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to finally take over Ba Sing Se, leaving me at home to continue my works. The siege was initiated after Fire Nation infantry began attacking the Outer Wall of the city, hoping to breach the walls in order to secure a path for an invasion. The defending of Ba Sing Se fought back, managing to hold them off for a long period of time. The turning point of the siege came when my father finally breached the Outer Wall during a massive artillery bombardment. After a long period of the battle, the Fire Nation secured the foothold that they desired. The breach in the wall paved the way for invasion, and after Iroh's victory at the Outer Wall, the general defending it surrendered. The Fire Army advanced into the and continued their onslaught. The troops set up a camp and began to secure the breach. Unbeknownst to my father, my brother, had been mortally wounded around the time that the Fire Army had breached the Outer Wall. When the commander was finally informed of this event, my brother was already dead. Then a year later our house was blown up by Earth Kingdom Spies. Because of my fire bending, I survived. I then was drafted into the Fire Nation military, then one day I met Ghidorah, the last living dragon. He became my new fire bending teacher and soon enough I was given the rank of Lieutenant and given the nickname 'Dr. Smoke'. But I didn't want that, it would have made it more noticeable to my uncle to know I was never dead. So I ran while still had a chance of escaping unnoticed. After about a year of wandering the world. I told the Earth Kingdom some Fire Nation secrets which then cause my ghost status to be labeled as a traitor, and now I wander into the south pole having nowhere else to go.

I walked along the icy landscape of the South Pole. I've been here for six weeks, I couldn't find any civilizations. I was surviving off the land and using my fire bending to cook my meals. Ghidorah, the tiny dragon that is my master, needs to eat too. In exchange, he helps me hunt and cook.

I'm also the only one who can understand him. For a reason, I've been blessed with the lost art of Draconic Tongue.

Ghidorah: Why are we here? Where are we going?

Suhara: I don't know. I just want to get far away from the Fire Nation. I can't let them find me. And I can't let them find you, they'll kill you, just like they did to every other dragon.

I look down sadly as I stop walking for the moment. Then we hear some low growling and we looked around and see a group of Polar Leopards creeping upon us. I drew my sword, it had one edge, and an inscription on the side that says 'When there's Determination, there is Hope'. One of the Leopard leaps at us, so I swing my sword, taking out a chunk of its flesh as I step to avoid its attack. He mewls in pain before getting up and running away, the others follow him.

I stabbed the tip of my sword into the meat, picking it up.

Suhara: Well, at least they'll leave us alone for now.