He Just Wants Money

The race had finished. (Y/n) and her boss left before that to see if they could upgrade their office. Reigen had found the perfect guy for the job, the only problem was their office. It was on fire...

------------------------------------------------------

"Mob, are you alright?" "Master..." (Y/n) had entered the room with tea. To her, Kageyama seemed distressed. "My home... My family..." "Go on, but have a seat." After that, everyone was eerily quiet, even Kageyama who was asked to explain what was wrong. The girl sighed as she sipped her tea, watching everyone's expressions change here and there. Reigen sighed, "I see. Dimple, I need to talk to you for a sec." Dimple? (Y/n) thought her boss was weird but this was the icing on the cake. He stood up and began whispering in the farthest corner of the room while everyone sat, enjoying the tea.

"Mob, I need to talk to you." He spoke louder as the teen made his way to him. "Mob, your family... I think they're safe, too." Reigen smiled earning a gasp from the boy. What happened to his family? Too many questions flowed through the girl's head but she decided to wait to ask Reigen what was happening. "Those guys were still on the way to your house, right? Someone must've known what was going on and saved them. They started the fire and made them look dead so they wouldn't be targeted anymore." (Y/n)'s eyes widened. This boy's family was being targeted?! Was Reigen lying or is his family really safe??

"Isn't that great?" Kageyama sighed before loosing consciousness. "Reigen..." The man looked to the girl who had a stern look. "We need to talk." He nodded before putting the boy on a makeshift bed.

"What is it, (Y/n)?" "First of all, why did the room get quiet when Kageyama came in? Second, What is going on? Is his family really safe or are you putting him in a false state of comfort? And does all of this relate to why our office being on fire?!" She listed off many questions before the man. He honestly didn't want to involve her in this but they targeted his office and Mob's family. Whose to say they aren't targeting her. "(Y/n) You know our line of work..." She cut him off. "What does our line of work have to do with this. Last time I checked, you made this business as a scam!" Reigen sighed. "At first, yea but the Mob came around and well you know how he's a psychic... Some people found out and want his power or something. Or at least that's how it started, now they want him dead, I think." "What do you mean, I think?! His life is one the line! And last time I checked, he's a middle schooler! Hell, half the people in this room are kids and your telling me someone wants them dead!? They're fucking kids!" Reigen went silent, not because of Dimple, but because he couldn't come up with something to tell her. All those years of becoming a scam artist and he had no way of calming her fears. After all, she was right, they're only just kids.

Reigen had left the girl at the bar to discuss matters with the rest of the group. The door had swung open, gaining everyone's attention. A blonde middle schooler walked in with a grown man slung over his shoulder. (Y/n) had recognized the boy from when he helped the one day at the office. "Hey. Look's like the gang's all here.

(Y/n) groaned. Reigen and the other adults had allowed the middle schooler hang the grown man from the ceiling by his feet. The woman had sat, hidden behind the bar, not wanting to be apart of whatever the fuck was happening. For some reason or another, (Y/n) thought that Reigen was most likely getting money out of this. He was a good scam artist after all...