Chapter Six: Dear Diary

Shelly was awakened by the sound of a foghorn at sunset. The box of spoons she was in was then taken off the ground. She turned with the spoons since the men were carrying the box carelessly. While she attempted to stay very silent, she could hear them murmuring and moaning. The sound of horseshoes followed. She eventually opened the carton cautiously and discovered something she'd never seen before: the outer world. It was full of sounds and images she hadn't seen before. So many buildings and lampposts were busy with people of different shapes, sizes, and colors beneath a lovely morning. Then a strong blast of wind blew through, almost taking her breath away. 'So this is what freedom feels like.' "Hey," screamed a voice, jolting Shelly out of her stupor. "What exactly are you doing in my box?" An angry guy said. Shelly then escaped from the box and raced as quickly as her legs would allow. No one could see the enormous smile on her face that she couldn't get rid of.

Dear Journal,

It's been three days since my grand escape to the real world and I still can't believe I'm here. It's both astounding and humorous that I'm actually here. Rosa advised me that given the situation I'm in, I should keep a low profile for now. I spent a little amount of money on this diary and decided that it would be a good idea to chronicle my trip to a place of genuine independence, a place where my father would never abuse me or attempt to marry me off again. In fact, he'll bring me back without a second thought if he finds me out here, and given the scar on my stomach, I doubt it would be without a penalty. I was considering traveling to a place in the west, the opposite of my kingdom's location, but now that I'm thinking about it, I see how poorly I planned it. I still need to determine how I'll get around and how much money I'll need to get by, which I'm starting to run out of. I'm not sure how I'll adjust to this, but I'm sure I'll work on it. Furthermore, I still miss Rosa. I really want to see her again. Someday.

Signing off, Shellia Winterberry

"Dang it," Shelly said. "I need to get started on that signature. After all, I'm no longer a Winterberry." (I decided that her family's royal name is Winterberry, by the way.) Shelly was writing on the branch of a tree that she had climbed. She was still ecstatic about something as juvenile as climbing a tree, but she never got to do anything infantile after the age of five, so she may as well start now. Soon, she just closed the journal and put it in her bag. It was the end of the day, and Shelly was seated in the ideal spot to watch the sunset. It was loaded with orange, yellow, red, and pink colors that were all mingled together. She was never close enough to view it; she'd always try to slip out of the kingdom to see it... and always failed. She inhaled the wonderful, crisp air and listened to the birds chirp a sweet symphony. It felt unusually quiet in this moment, as if something was going to wreck it shortly. She had forgotten one of Rosa's most crucial lessons: trust your instincts.

Hey Guys! I'm back from the dead and going to try my hardest to keep writing and yes I know this might've been pretty short but I'm trying. You guys can help me figure out the title for this chapter if you want. Just write suggestions in the comments. See ya later!! 😍🥰😘