Chapter One: A Princess' day-to-day Routine

Shelly woke up to the sunlight in my eyes. She groaned tiredly, trying to cover her eyes from it. However, Rosa, her maid/mentor, pulled the sheets away from her body, making her shift from the cold. "Come on! Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty!" Rosa yelled in her ears. Shelly then quickly sat up with her eyes wide open. Her messy pink hair was sticking out everywhere and there was dry drool on her face. After a few minutes, she finally got out of bed and followed Rosa to the bathroom. 'Another morning, another boring day.' Shelly thought as she took a shower.

If you think being a princess is as fun and easy as it may sound, you are dead wrong. There are so many rules and regulations about royalty, it's so annoying. I can't do anything here. Ever since my mother (The queen) died, my dad has been distant from me. He never talks to me anymore, and if I do ever see him, he just tells me that I have to do something embarrassing, like meet other princes for a date. The only good about this place is my maid and loyal friend, Rosa. Although, she's more like my mentor than a maid to me. She was mom's best friend and promised that she would always take care of me until I was ready to take care of myself. Rosa has taught me everything I know about strategy, weapons, fighting, and everything a princess shouldn't know about. She doesn't baby me like all the other servants, but she pushes me and yet also always knows what to say whenever I'm feeling down. She's like another mother, not like her stepmother. Soon after the queen died, the king remarried another woman who was too afraid to say what she thinks. No one is sure she even talks. All she ever does is just nod if the king ever said something. Anyway, Shelly finished changing into her usual dress and started her routine. Eat breakfast, read royal history books, have royal tutoring, then lunch, the only time she had to herself, secret training with Rosa for an hour, but the last and worst, meet another snooty prince for possible marriage.

I've been doing this ever since I was ten, meeting obnoxious, stupid boys who go on and on about how happy and wealthy their rich lives are. It's not that big of a problem though; I just have to have a formal face and stay silent the whole time. It's not like I hate my life here. Everyone is so nice to me and I'd be lying if I said I hated living in luxury It's just... I don't think that this life is what I've been waiting for. But for now, I'm stuck here, like a bird in a cage. Sometimes I wonder, 'Is this all there is for me? Am I just a puppet in a pyramid scheme of royalty?' I don't know. All I know is that I'm a princess and that's all I am right now. But little did I know was that an adventure was waiting for me and it was all going to start tonight.

And that was the first chapter of my new story: Pirates & Princesses! I've also been thinking about this one for a while. If you like it, (I hope you do!) then don't worry, for there is a whole new adventure to discover for Shelly in this story! See you soon! 😜👑🏴‍☠️ (P.S. Artwork isn't mine.)