Am I sweating? I think I'm sweating. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Fuck's sakes Elaina, he isn't even actually kissing you and you're a hot mess. Do better.

He keeps his lips against his hand for maybe three seconds,  and I keep my eyes shut. Then, he removes his hand from my mouth and I exhale a shaky breath through my nose. I was still processing that whole thing.

Opening my eyes, they land right on his as he takes his hands away from my face. His lips are slightly parted as his pupils flick all around my face.

He then clears his throat and scratches his nose with his finger. "He's not looking anymore." he tells me.

I bite my cheek and nod, looking over my shoulder at the bouncer.

"We need to get past him." I say.

"Any ideas?" he speaks with pessimism.

"Yeah...well...kinda." I mumble, making his brow arch. "Just trust me on this one, okay?"

His eyes look into mine and I can see that he's hesitant, which was understandable because I literally have no idea what I'm doing and I'm about to wing this thing.

He eventually nods. "Okay." he says, giving in and putting his trust in me.

I inhale sharply through my nose and lift my shoulders and head before turning around. Before I can give myself a second to doubt, I walk towards the bouncer with Harry following me.

The bouncer makes eye contact with me, but I'm quick to flick my eyes away. I need it to seem like I know where I'm going and that I'm supposed to be going there. Confidence is key.

I walk right up to the velvet rope, ready to be let in but the bouncer stops me by holding his arm out, but I was fully expecting to be stopped anyway.

"Miss, this is VIP only." he tells me.

I let out a scoff. "I know it is. Now, if you'll please—"

"There are only a few select people allowed back here." he speaks with a stern voice. "I can let you in if you show me your ID."

I roll my eyes. "I don't have my ID, I don't need it." I state in a lie, then I look over my shoulder at Harry who was staying quiet to allow me to conduct my plan. I reach back and pull him forward, wrapping my hands around his arm and leaning into him like he was my husband. "My husband and I are at this party every year as VIP's. I find it very offensive that you'd think we belong elsewhere."

I hate the way I sound right now.

I glance at Harry, seeing him look back at the bouncer with a straight face. At this point, I sort of expected him to say something by now and was a little shocked when he didn't.

"I can't let you in without identification, ma'am."

I tilt my head, my eyes flicking up and down the bouncer's broad figure before a smirk creeps up onto my face. I let go of Harry, and step forward. The bouncer's eyes stay on me as I walk right up to him.

"May I ask you something?" I say quietly as I'm nearly touching the bouncer who is towering over me. I have to look up to see his eyes. "Do you value your job, sir?"

He swallows. "What—"

"Because if you don't, then fine. Don't let us in, and I'll go have a conversation with Caterina and her father." I say, making his face drop immediately at the mention of her name. "I promise you, I will make sure you never work again." my voice then goes from stern to nonchalant, "But of course, if you don't value your work, then it won't matter."