Estupido

The three of you walked down the path leading to the river. Both you and Sergio had a towel in your hands.

Casita had just gotten built, so tomorrow Camilo had to go back and get settled in. Because of this, your mama required you and Camilo to both return to your home early. That way he can be up bright and early to move in his things.

Taking this demand into account, you and the boys decided to go home as the sun started to set. It would have been too cold to continue swimming by then anyways.

You guys got to the river soon after deciding on this. You and Sergio placed the towels onto a log that was nearby before getting ready to go into the steady waves.

Camilo and Sergio came to the conclusion that they would just swim in their boxers. Since Camilo was being a drama king about getting a pair of pants ruined, that's what they did. They jumped in as you began to strip to your bathing suit. You threw your clothes next to theirs, walking over to the edge of the river.

Just then Camilo stepped out. You looked towards him instinctively right as he did, but looked back at the water since you thought nothing of it.

A few seconds pass by and you feel hands pressed against your back. Before you got the chance to react, your body made an impact with a splash. You let out a quick yell before going underwater.

Reaching the surface again, you could hear laughter. Two voices exactly. So if that's how they want to play, so be it.

You furrowed your brows as you swam over to where Camilo was clenching his sides. "Sorry hermosa," He extends his arm for you to grab.

Estupido.

You grabbed his hand, taking the perfect opportunity to pull him down. "You should have seen that one coming" You shake your head while he gets to the surface. "Honestly" Sergio chuckles in disbelief.

Camilo scoffs, moving his hair out of his face. "Well maybe I wanted her to pull me down."

"Yeah, that's reasonable to believe," you say in a sarcastic tone.

You were cut off by a splash of water hitting your face.

Camilo laughed as you stood still, lips slightly open. You splashed water back. Since he was laughing, water got into his mouth.

He spit it out with a glare, both you and Sergio snickering at him.

The next two hours were spent messing around in the river before the three of you finally decided it was time to head home.

You all changed back into your dry clothes, then walking down the pathway to town.

Camilo walked a distance behind you and Sergio, who were walking side by side and giggling about who knows what.

He felt really weird when you were with Sergio. He didn't know what it was, all he knew is he didn't like it one bit.

He didn't even realize he was glaring at you two until Sergio turned around asking what was wrong.

"Oh.. it's nothing" his words make you turn around also. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, i'm fine" You knew your best friend. You knew something was up. Should you keep pushing it and possibly piss him off for being nosy? Or should you just let it go? You chose the latter.

Your face softened at Camilo before you turned back around.

By the time you had parted with Sergio and reached your bedroom, Camilo had only said one word: "bye".

This was practically confirmation something is wrong. He's usually very loud, talkative, always making jokes. Silence was only associated with him when something was bothering him. Like when Alma was angry with him, or when he's having another identity crisis. You don't know what, but something is definitely wrong.

He laid himself face up on the bed without a word. You sat next to him, staying quiet for a bit too.

Finally breaking the silence, you ask again in a soft tone, "Are you sure everything's okay?" he nods, not tearing his eyes away from the ceiling. "Positive."

You kept quiet one more, though this time Camilo breaking the silence. "We should probably get down for dinner."

"Mhm"

He gets up first, reaching his arm for you to grab. After pulling you up, you both head downstairs. After all, there's nothing you two loved more than food.

Maybe in your case that was him, but we don't talk about that.

Finally getting to bed and going to sleep, Camilo looked to be acting more like himself. You smiled at the snoring boy before shutting your eyes.

_____________________

"Camilo! Come here please!" Pepa yells for her oldest son, which he complies with.

He watched as Mirabel added the final thing to casita, a doorknob.

As she did so, what seemed to be best described as magic washed over casita, the front door left an imprint of all the Madrigals.

Casita waved at Mirabel before pushing her inside, eventually doing the same to the rest of the family

Dolores was the first to realize the gifts were back, hearing the townspeople from a mile away almost instantly.

Although, she thought it would be fun to let the others figure that one out for themselves.

Isabela was next, accidentally creating an exotic plant and she flung her arm to the side.

Luisa spotted this, going to pick up a pot to see if her gift was back too. And it was.

Felix pointed out the gigantic rainbow above Pepa's head, Antonio's animals joined him again.

By now everyone but our favorite chameleon boy knew of the return of the gifts.

The townspeople were invited to casita to celebrate. Once Camilo spotted you he ran towards you as if he didn't wake up that morning in your bedroom.

Not even realizing he shifted into you he hugged you. You stood there with your mouth agape. Instead of hugging him back, you push him away, staring at the copy of yourself.

He gave a face of confusion, not understanding why you just shoved him off of you until he looks down at himself.

"My powers are back! Hermosa they're back!" he exclaims, shifting back into himself.

words: 1046

fun fact, this is being posted while I'm at disneyland 😹