8. "I Love You Too Ani"

The next morning, Nandini came out of her room to see Manik preparing his coffee. she frowned with a smile and he wished with his charming smile "Hey...Good morning..."

She yawned and replied "Good morning Doctor...No duty today...??"

"I usually take an off after critical surgeries...Will go if there's any emergency..." He replied pouring the coffee into two cups and gave one to her.

"Mathlab...we have a whole day..." She said being excited and he nodded with a smile and asked "Toh tell me Madam...kya karne ka irada hai...??"

She sipped on to her coffee and said "Arey yaar...If you have said this to me last night, I would have prepared a list of things to do...But now...I don't have any plans in mind..."

He chuckled and said "Then let's just talk..."

"Talk about what...??" She asked and he took a deep breath as if gathering courage and said "Tell me about Arnav"

"What??" She asked being surprised.

"You heard me...Tell me about him...how you both met...how you both...umm...fell in love..." He said not looking at her face.

She smiled remembering their first meet and started "Dad was totally against my decision of studying literature...And he stopped talking to me...I felt all alone...so lonely...I don't have any friends in that new college... Whoever came to me, were after knowing my background...that I'm so and so rich man's daughter...or if they wanted any help...I felt it's better to be alone than having such friends..."

He listened keenly as she continued "Two months after I joined college, I was in the canteen one day..."

"Hi... I'm Arnav...3rd year Computer science..." He came and forwarded his hand with a smile.

Thinking him as one of those guys who approached me after knowing my background, I rolled my eyes and passed a fake smile.

He took his seat in front of me and asked "Won't you tell your name...??"

I looked at him with a frown and said "Nandini...As if you don't know..."

Hearing me murmur the last part, he chuckled and asked "Which branch??"

I rolled my eyes being irritated and asked "What's your problem...??? What do you want...???"

"Your smile" He replied making me frown more and I asked "What...???"

"Yeah...Actually...I was seeing you from last one week...I mean... don't consider me as a stalker or something...It was just coincidence that I have seen you at library, sometimes at canteen and near classrooms...and all the time...you were alone...lost...lonely...sad...and what not..." He said and I looked down.

He continued "Nandini... Don't take me wrong...I don't know why but I wanted to see your smile...I may be able to solve your worries but atleast share it with someone...and I really understood that you don't have any such friends to share...I'm ready to listen...Just share it if you feel like...but smile..."

For the first time ever, someone approached me without knowing anything about me and just for my smile. I liked that. I instantly felt connected with him. I told him about my dad and my wish to become a writer and my choice to do literature.

"That's completely fine to choose what you want to do in your life Nandini...Go ahead...If not your dad, I'm there to support you...You just fly high..." Arnav said filling my brain with his supportive words.

From then, he was there with me in every step that I took. I completed my B.A. and he has finished his final year.

After our last exam, I found him at canteen arguing with his friend.

"Do you even know what you did...?? Its your dream idiot..." His friend said.

"But mere dream se jyada she needs me yaar...Try to understand..." Arnav said.

"What's happening guys...??" I asked understanding the heat of their argument.

"Nothing" Arnav tried to cover it up with a smile but his friend glared at us.

"You tell me...what happened...??" I asked his friend and Arnav signalled him not to but since I probed him, he said "Arnav has got admission in one of the best universities for Masters in the USA...But he declined and is not ready to go..."

I looked at Arnav and asked "Arnav...you said you wanted to do Masters and settle down in US...right...?? Ab kya hua...??"

He stood silent and his friend replied "For you..."

"What...??" I asked with a gasp of shock. As my eyes were on Arnav, his friend continued "He feels...he is the only one you have...and you will be alone again if he leaves..."

I had tears in my eyes when he was ready to leave his dream just for me.

"Nandini...I don't want to push you into loneliness again...I have promised to be with you... till you achieve your dream...and I will be with you...no matter what..." Arnav said and I hugged him tight.

He looked into my eyes once I broke the hug and said "You finish your M.A...I'll be with you..."

"But you...??" I was about to ask about his career and he cut me off saying "In the meanwhile, I'll do an MBA....here...in our college itself...so that I can be with you and will have a degree as well..."

He changed his career just to be with me. He left his dreams just to be as a support system. After he came into my life, I didn't feel anyone's presence needed. He was enough for me. He became my everything. My support, my friend, my best friend, my father and...My love.

That's why I didn't think twice when he proposed after we finished our respective degrees.

"I don't want to disturb you while you are striving to fulfill your dream...But now...I can't wait anymore...I love you Nandini...Will you marry me...!??" He asked with a perfect romantic setup.

I nodded in yes with tears and said "I love you too Ani"

He loves it when I call him Ani...My Ani...

Manik gulped the lump in his throat seeing the spark in her eyes when she was saying about Arnav.

She smiled to herself and was brought back when she saw Manik's face.

He passed a smile amidst his tears and she couldn't withstand his sad face and excused herself to her room.

"Arnav...Arnav...listen na..." The girl in Arnav's lap called him while he was lost in his thoughts.

"Ani" She called and he snapped out of his thoughts and glared at her.

"I told you not to call me with that name...I just hate it..." Arnav yelled.

Ignore mistakes...

So...The thing is...I don't have my laptop with me...and I have to type in the mobile which is taking a lifetime to finish a part...

Haven't crosschecked what I've written...Bear with this please... Can't really help with the short updates...