5. "He Was My Crush"

It all started when Nandini was in mid of her 7th grade while Manik was in 9th.

"Look Look...Manik is here..." She heard her classmates' whisper and her eyes turned to see the person out of curiosity. She was dumbstruck like many other girls, seeing the perfect manly figure for his age, coming down the stairs and his hair danced with every step of his, like the girls' hearts. Neatly tucked uniform and a strong manly cologne attracted Nandini as she mouthed a 'Wow'

Though she has heard his name many times, that was the first time she saw him in person and from then, she never missed a chance to get his glimpse. Sometimes at his classroom and sometimes at hers when he came to meet a common teacher and sometimes near the canteen or sometimes near the football ground.

"I was in 8th grade, he was preparing for his 10th boards. He being the football team captain, was famous among juniors as well and being a bright student, he was well known to the staff. I instantly had a crush on him and followed him everywhere that he goes while he was unaware of my presence. At least, that's what I believe..." Nandini said Anitha to which she asked "Crush...!?? Means...!???"

"Ummm...There are 2 meanings...A strong feeling on someone that lasts for short period of time...Or...To press it hard until it is left broken..." Nandini replied washing her hands after her breakfast.

"And what was sir for you...!??" Anitha asked handing her a napkin and Nandini smiled sadly saying "Both...He was my crush...and he don't even know me...When he was nowhere to be seen after his board exams, it took me 2 years, till I finished my schooling, to move on from the crush feelings..."

"He just left like that...!??" She asked.

Nandini nodded and said "It wasn't his mistake though...He finished his boards and heard that he went to his hometown to continue his studies..."

"And you never saw him till this day...!???" Anitha asked curiously.

"Nope...Till the time I was in school, those 2 years, I could see him everywhere...I used to go to the places that he used to be there...But once I headed to college, I had my own problems to deal with...Still...You know what...Once in a while, whenever I see a movie about school days, heroine getting butterflies in her stomach, slight touches, all those just reminds me of him...No one made me feel all those after him...And there was no way that I could see him...He isn't active on social media...When I met my school friends last time, they were talking about school days and someone mentioned that he was in abroad for his studies...That's all I knew..." Nandini said thinking about the old days.

"Have you ever spoke to him in school...!??" She asked.

Nandini chuckled and replied "Haan...We spoke na...For borrowing duster...Collided at the staff room...Our fingers brushed when he used to hand me over the notice...The pain in his eyes on the farewell day when he was about to leave..."

Anitha noticed slight tears in her eyes and she patted on her hand and Nandini smiled a little to continue "Sometimes I used to think...May be...Just may be...things would have been different if we actually spoke...May be we would have stayed in touch...and maybe we would have spent time together...May be we haven't thought about all these...And that's why I agreed when he asked to give him a chance..."

Anitha smiled while Nandini realized she just spoken their conversation out and said "I'm...I'll go to the room..."

"It's ok...I won't think otherwise...I may not know your entire story or sir's reason for everything...But I know him from years...And he can never be wrong..." Anitha said in an assuring tone to which Nandini replied "I know that..."

After a brief silence, Anitha said "Chalo...Let's leave all these...I'm going to prepare lunch...What do you want to have...!??"

"Kuch bhi...but I'll help you...I'll get bored sitting in the room..." Nandini said and they prepared lunch while talking about their family and cooking experiences.

"I used to be with his parents only...Once he came back, his mother asked me to be with him because he can't eat outside food..." Anitha said finishing the lunch. Nandini looked out and squealed "Hey...There's a garden...Chalo let's go..."

"Doors should be open for that...Sir has locked the main door..." Anitha said.

Nandini groaned saying "I feel like I'm in bigg boss house...Let him come...I'll deal with him..."

Anitha chuckled and said "He might come in the evening only...Until then...Go around the house..."

She thought for a second and nodded and they went upstairs to see the house. There was a living room in the upstairs as well, 2 bedrooms and a mini library and all the doors were locked when Nandini tried to open them making her huff in irritation. They walked to the second floor and it has a single room and a balcony.

"Hmm...House is too good...But this monkey has locked all the rooms...Let him come..." Nandini said coming downstairs and waited for him to return.

Ignore mistakes...