Chapter 49: Scrying

✧Misma POV✧

"No such grim faces, Misma. Parents lie to their children all the time, that is just how it is," Amren expressed, waddling into the room with quick steps.

"They lie all the time but they normally should not withhold important information about ones powers!" Nesta argued, snapping at Amren and shaking her head.

"I agree with Nes." Cassian supported her, standing behind his mate and bracing his arms on both sides of her on the table.

"No time to talk about difficult family structures. I went into research and I have already been doing a lot of research while you were busy doing other things. It is about his soul. There is a way we can find it."

"And that would be?" Nesta asked, inhaling deeply. Amren quirked her brows up. There was an unease laying in the air that soured the content of my stomach.

"Scrying once again...Another try," Amren announced, clapping her hands in front of her body.

In one quick movement Cassian's head jerked up. "And who should do the scrying? Definitely not Nes." Cassian stated, his lips pursed and tapping his fingers on the table. Males.

Amren gave him an incredulous look before squinting her eyes at him. He shrugged while she pointed at me. "No, not Nesta. Obviously the one person who has a certain connection to him!? To Koschei." she decalred, still pointing at me.

"Scrying? And I do not really have a connection to him. We are just counter parts or so." I reasoned, looking at the female with big eyes while Azriel brushed his hand over my back. Cassian cleared his throat, avoiding my gaze and so did Rhys.

"Yes, you do. Life Lady and Death Lord," Amren quickly argued and I hit my head against Azriel's chest, closing my eyes. Peachy.

"I am sorry, Misma, I know it is not easy. But scrying is a skill that enables the user to view a special thing or place if you have seen it before or if you a have connection to it." Feyre explained to me. I nodded, swallowing a scream. I hated this whole situation already so much... Why me? Why exactly me? I was nothing, a piece of trash, but suddenly had those light powers...

"Come on, no whiny faces. Misma, you come with me. We are going over how scrying works and what you have to do, then you can join the others and do whatever you please," Amren stated, approaching me with small but quick steps, tugging on my sleeve and pulling me after her. There was no room for arguing. What Amren said had to be done. I followed her without protest.

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

"And you let your elbow drop again!"

"Fuck..."

"Hey, no such harsh words, sunshine! Or at least not outside the bedroom."

"Fuck you!"

And with that Azriel dropped his sword and wrapped me into his arms, holding me tightly to his chest.

"I am annoyed," I grumbled into his chest, trying to pull away from his sweaty body.

"Really, I haven't noticed—" I smacked his arm, or tried to with him holding me so tightly.

"That was rude. Hitting your mate, who loves you and just wants to help you. Trust me, a little bit of sword play and stancing will help you." No, Azriel?

I snorted, tilting my head back and giving him an incredulous look. "Really?"

"Yes, really. Now pick up your sword and fight me!" I did as told, grabbing the wooden sword firmly in my hand and darting it at him.