Chapter 47: Water-Nymphs & Swords

✦Azriel POV✦

"Let's go. Let's see how Devlon's preparations are going. I swear I'm gonna beat his ass if the females are again not training!" Cassian grumbled, fixing the leather straps of his Illyrian fighting leathers. My shoulder's shook with silent laughter while Balthazar nervously stepped from one foot to the other.

"Gwyn will come back, no worries, buddy," Cassian quickly told him, patting his shoulders. I looked up at him from putting Truth-Teller into its shaft, the corner of my mouth tipping up.

"I am not worried that she won't come back. She is Carynthian after all. She will come back! I am more worried that I will fuck up. I have like...no experience with females to be honest! Or with females like her. She is so....amazing," he mumbled, his gaze lowered to the ground.

"Can you tell me what I should do to make things right? Like give me an advice how to be cool and confident like you guys? You both seem like great partners to your females. Mates I mean. You seem like having those amazing relationships. And they love you so much! But how did you do that?"

Cassian roared a loud laugh, throwing his head back. It was slightly shameful how proud I felt over this uttering. Smirking at him I tried to play it cool.

"Both of us are big fools and had made big fools out of ourselves for the females we love. We were definitely not only confident, but the only good tip I can give you is to give her time. Time and space. Still be there for her, show her all your sides, also the ugly ones. Show her who you are and listen to her. Respect and accept her ugly sides as well," he told Balthazar and I nodded, my smirk turning into a smile.

"I can hardly imagine you two have made fools out of yourself, you always seem so self-confident and self-aware. So cool and casual," Balthazar mumbled, gritting his teeth. The little poor shit. He was barely over twenty, no wonder he shit his pants like that. But nice that he thought we seemed cool and confident. Not that I had totally come into my pants from Misma just kissing me.

"You should believe him, we really were fools," I told him, smiling amusedly.

He nodded again, now also pulling on a leather strap of is Illyrian leathers. "I hope she does not think that I am a fool!"

"No, she does not. I think she likes you. She needs time, you know her past partly, Balthazar. Give her time as I said before. But no worries our priestess likes you already a lot," Cassian told him while we stepped outside the house, stretching our wings.

While pushing ourselves off the ground our wings flapped widely behind us.

"But now I think it is time for a race. Guess we need to show the youngling how us old boys fly, huh?" Cassian shouted over, laughing loudly and dashing into the sky.

I followed after him, leaving a wide-eyed Balthazar behind. I heard his wings flapping behind me but soon Cassian and I had lost him, shooting through the early morning sky, a cool breeze blowing around us. I could not fully enjoy the flight as my mind was with Misma all the time. I hoped and prayed that she was fine. I was not worried about males from the Summer Court, but about her getting hurt. I was also worried about Nesta and Gwyn of course. But the three of them were strong and could do that.

"That's not fair, you have centuries of experience!" Balthazar whined behind us and I had to laugh loudly, while Cassian swirled around me, a shit-eating grin on his face.

"If you want to impress Gwyn you gotta work on those wings!" he shouted back, laughing and winking at me. Our wings spread wide behind our backs, the wind softly brushing against the thin membrane.

"Did you let Misma touch your wings already?" he asked, when flying closer to me, both of us still keeping the fast pace.

"Of course!" I shouted back, smirking while memories of the last time she had done it flooded my mind. She had sat on my lap, dressed in this fine mid-night blue lingerie, my wrists tied behind my back. Her mouth and tongue on my neck, slowly grinding on me while her fingers worked on my wings.