Chapter 24: Full Moon

✧Misma POV✧

According to Gwyn a letter from someone I did not remember the name of arrived this morning telling the Inner Circle, the people surrounding Rhysand, about the Mortal Queens and their future plans. They were looking for someone and trying to make treaties outside of the continent.

I got slightly anxious but Azriel said the previous day that it was nothing to worry about, not yet.

That day it was full moon. Full moon. And I was more than nervous, a kernel of panic blooming in my chest. Rhysand and Feyre would arrive later that day with Nyx and they would bring the bowl, Azriel and I had gotten in that cave.

I slowly got dressed in a loose strapped-dress paired with some thin tights. The rings had been glowing and burning throughout whole night and day. Although it was already autumn I felt extremely hot, just dressed in this thin dress. Somehow like a fever but I did not feel ill. I put on some slippers and let my hair hang loose. I looked into the mirror. My eyes changed, first the glowed golden then back to dark and glowed again. Madness.

I slowly walked up the levels of the Library before reaching the exit, quickly humming a goodbye to Clotho and walking towards the entry of the House of Wind. A cool breeze blew through my hair and rattled the leaves in the trees. Many leaves had already fallen down.

Autumn. Endless Autumn. Where I was once meant to live. Now it was just a few months of the years.

I pulled down the handle after knocking and stepping inside. Mor was the only one there and she waved at me smiling when I approached her.

"Hey, you. You good?" she smiled and I nodded. "Yes, thank you. You too?" "Your eyes are doing crazy things, but me too," she smiled and I nodded taking a seat next to her.

"Ah, Light Summoner, ready for full moon?" Amren asked, stepping in from the corridor and I greeted her, nodding. She also sat down with us and we were soon joined by Gwyn who came back from training from outside. Nesta also greeted us quickly before storming upstairs to take a bath.

I looked at the table, slowly tracing my fingers over it and looking at my rings. My mind was somewhere and I let my finger run over the traces on the wooden table.

"You need some distraction, you are way too much trapped in your mind!" Mor said, hitting her hands on the table and turning towards me.

"Have you heard about Illyrian wings?" she grinned, raising her eyebrows and both Gwyn and Amren snorted.

I gave her an unsure look, squinting my eyes. "That they are sensitive?" I asked, innocently and blinking. Warmth spread over my face, my heart beating fast.

"Oooh, alright. You know that, that is good. But you want to know something else?" she asked, leaning closer to me, wiggling her brows and I raised my eyebrows again.

"Of course you do. Well, according to...research-" she started and I gave her a funny look. What would come now?

"The wingspan of an Illyrian male says a lot about...other body parts," she informed me, smirking.

A nervous giggle escaped at that knowledge, all my thoughts rushing two one particular pair of wings.

"And before you ask, out of the three......Azriel!" Mor laughed loudly and winked.

Heat filled my cheeks—my entire body actually while I tried to search for anything I could answer. Gods, what was I supposed to say now?

"Oh, and in addition-" I prepared myself for more when suddenly the door opened and Cassian followed by Azriel stepped inside, shirtless obviously. The two tall Illyrians immediately filled the room with their presence and the breath caught in my throat.