As I muse on this thought, the man himself comes out of the flat. I look up, the paint brush suspended over my big toe.

He's shaved, his hair is now an organized mess and he's wearing a color other than blue and grey. Over the top of his jeans he wears a deep green woolen jacket. 

He smiles as he approaches and sits down next to me on the step. "Morning." he says, in a still-half-asleep way. I drag my eyes off him and smile.

"Sleep well?" I ask as I wipe off the red mess I've just let dribble down my big toe.

"Yeah, not bad." he replies, "You?"

"Nope. Stared at the ceiling all night wondering how you make your coffee taste so good. So got up, had a shower. Washed off the feeling of self pity and helplessness."

"That's quite a body wash." he says lightly. I smile and try to focus on painting my nails. Not easily done when ones hands are shaking...strange. They weren't shaking before.

"You really slept alright though?" I ask.

"I did. I promise."

"What do you think of the flat?"

"Nice." he nods, "Good size...could do with a paint." he adds with a smile. I smile back.

"I'm sure it could. So, want some breakfast and you can make me a coffee? Mines gone horribly wrong."

He chuckles and stands up, wiping his still sleepy eyes.

"With pleasure." he says, putting his hand out for me to take. I do so and follow him back into the house, making a mental note to not let him wear green when I have to tell him he's too good for me and and needs to go find someone saner, younger and more perfect. "Hey, so I bought some music with me I thought you might like."

"You did?"

"I told you I'd educate you." he smiles wickedly, "Any woman who has the Very Best of Donny Osmond needs major intervention."

I open the cupboard, going red.

"It was a long time ago...when you were probably still listening to the Spice Girls."

I hear Miles scoff at this as he empties my failed coffee.

"I'm thirty Nina. It was Radiohead all the way." he replies.

"Never heard of them." I mumble, pulling out a loaf of bread and throwing it on the bench.

"You've never heard of 'Creep'?"

"Nope. Met plenty."

Miles shakes his head and pulls down the espresso.

"You have much to learn." Is all he says.

***

Over breakfast, I tell Miles about the café. I tell him some of the plans I have for it and as I do, the importance of this new venture hits me.

I've known since I came here that Adriana was a good person and that she deserves every bit of recognition she gets but now the sentiment has been underlined and highlighted in my mind. I knew in the back of my mind that Charlie easily could have told me a story that put a bad light on Adriana rather than my parents. I also knew that if it was Adriana who was in the wrong, my passion for this would seem watered down and a tad grey. What I didn't realize is that I would feel even more fired up to get this perfect for her if she was in the right. It has to be absolutely spot on and as close to perfection as I can get it...for her.

I look at the sign concepts and smile once again at the name: Adriana's Corner.

I'm proud to call it that.