Part 4

Back at the HQ the cadets were finished gearing up and as they waited a man named Kitz Woermann started giving orders to all the cadets that were at the HQ.

Kitz: I want everyone split into four squadrons, as practiced. All squadrons are responsible for supply-running, message relay and enemy combat under the command of the Garrison Regiment. The intercept squadron will be taking the vanguard. Cadets will be taking the middle guard, led by the support squad. Rear guard will go to the elites. I expect you all to man you posts knowing the advance team has been wiped out. That's right; the outer gate is history. The titans are in. This means the Armored Titan is likely to reappear. If and when he does, the inner gate will also be history.

As everyone started chatting Kitz was going to get their attention when something else did.

Y/N POV

The titans kept coming and and almost everyone that tried to keep them from getting inside was dead, and soon enough it was only me but I was running low on gas and headed back for HQ and just as I got over the castle wall my gas ran out, so I landed hard on the ground. Standing back up I started making my way to fill up on gas while everyone stared at me as the steam from the titan blood finally disappeared. Taking out the gas canisters I headed down and found where the gas was kept and filled both of them up until they were full, so I headed up where all the cadets were and something small hit me and as I looked down I saw Krista and she looked up at me with tears.

Krista: I- I thought you d-died...

Y/N: And what made you think that?

Krista: H-He said the advanced team was wiped out.

Y/N: Don't listen to what that idiot says, trust me I'll be fine. Now get your team I'll be with you, okay?

Krista: Yes sir!

She then headed off as I looked around I saw both Jean and Erin fighting again. 

Jean: I was one day shy of shipping off to the MP! 

Eren: Jean, get a hold of-

Jean: No! Not all of us are suicidal! 

Eren: Damn it! Shut up for a second! We're trained for this! What do you think the last three years were about? We survived. We stared death in the face and we lived. Not anyone can say that, can they? Some people couldn't take it and either ran or were thrown out. Hell, some people actually died, but not us! Am I right? We powered though for three years! What's one more day? You can do this, Jean. Alright? The MP will still be waiting for you tomorrow. 

Eren's speech seemed to get those nearby to have a bit of a fighting spirit and Krista showed up with Ymir and Connie and we headed out. After we took care of a few titans we stopped on one of the roofs.

Y/N: Come on, you can take on a few more before getting tired.

Connie: S-sir, you're on par with Captain Levi... I don't think we're on the same level.

Y/N: Ymir seems fine, maybe if you took training a bit more seriously then you wouldn't be out of breath. 

Krista gave me a pouting face as I smiled before looking around seeing three titans in the distance.  

Y/N: Alright, we have three titans over there, now show me what you've learned. 

They went towards the Titans and easily took care of them, unfortunately one of them managed to sneak up on Krista and I quickly used the ODM gear and cut the nape killing it as I landed beside the cadets.

Y/N: Remember to keep your eyes open, who knows where they're hiding.

In the distance we heard a scream and quickly I looked in the direction it came from.