xiv. 𝘁𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗳𝘆

Start from the beginning

"It wasn't a nightmare, I just heard something." Jude lied, keeping his head on his shoulder and finding his normal heart rate again. "Where's Will?"

"Taking a minute." the Wheeler boy said back.

It wasn't long before the girls and Corey showed up, a fight breaking out immediately.

"How could you tell him! You're risking his life!" Jude yelled at Max and El after Corey showed up with every information they knew. "The government can kill him!"

"Jude, the government won't know." Max rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"El." Jude looked at his cousin. "I told you that telling people can lead to danger. Not just for him, but for you too. For all of us."

"It's okay." she gave him a nod. "Serious."

"No, it's not okay." he grabbed her arms with a head shake. "You can't tell anyone else. They can tell someone and they'll take you away again. I can't handle that, I don't want you to go away again."

"Not gonna happen." she grabbed his hands with a frown of her eyebrows. "Not leaving."

"Jude, man, I'm not gonna tell anyone." Corey cut in with a head shake. "It's safe with me. Seriously."

"I can't believe you." Mike looked in annoyance at Max.

"You have to swear on it." Jude looked to Corey. "Spit swear."

"What?" Corey gave an odd look. "What does that mean?"

Jude spit in his hand, holding it out. "If you spit swear, it's serious. You can't break it no matter what."

"Break the spit?" Corey looked in confusion.

"The promise." Jude corrected, waving his hand slightly.

"You gotta do it, man." Lucas encouraged.

Corey cringed, spitting in his hand before shaking Jude's hand. The Mackenzie boy inhaled. "Don't give me that look, most people would be lucky to do this."

"Oh my god." Max spoke in annoyance. "You need to humble yourself."

"I'm not gonna listen to a fake redhead." Jude snapped back at her.

"How many times do I have to tell you it's not fake!" she yelled.

"I simple do not believe you, Maxine." he shot her way with a dumb look.

"Guys!" Will cut in with a serious look. "This is serious."

Jude sat down next to Mike.

"I didn't think it was anything, at first. I mean, I think I didn't want to believe it." Will began to explain, sitting high on his chair, "The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night, too." Mike spoke up, his knee pressed to Jude's.

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelsons farm the next day." Will went on, twisting his fingers as he spoke, "Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asked him between a mix of curiosity and not wanting to know.

"It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Will asked the party.

"Sure." Mike agree.

"Yeah." Max right after.

"Duh." Jude shrugged.

"No." El admits.

"Me either." Corey agreed with her.

Wills looked at the two. "It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse. Your body... it goes cold and-and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close."