Engage the Disengagement

Start from the beginning

" Ye-yes sir, apologize!" she said.

' ... you dont have to be so mad, don't you?' and she cries inside while he did that.

" You will have to stay behind me. Evan, you do the check in and inspect the situation."

" Yes sir!" saluted Evan immediately before he then goes away leaves her alone with the commander and seems like no one could hear her screaming inside for them not to leave her alone with only this terrifying man. 

Despite the silence between them who still walking in the forest pathway, the tense still is vividly being felt by her. ' He is the famous commander of Arkas Knight after all.' that is maybe also the reason of why his demeanor could be composed and calm despite of unfamiliar the situation is now. The way he walks in front of her with the body of him. That is wide, and looked manly. Of course, many people could say that he is indeed the commander of Arkas Knight.

"... Uwaaaa." and an adorable voice stood up in the silence forest. Graces looks at the princess whose eyes bright like suns, and the body eagerly attracted by the beauty of lively city. 

Just after they came out from the forest, Grace could see a small city below the hills with many people come in and out with their horses, carriage and even strange animals that they casually ride on. 

" Ress!" she is so excited with all of that as if it is the first time she looks at outside world. " So loud!" and she puts her little hands on her ears while smile brightly. Seems like she enjoys the lively noise that she never once felt inside the palace.

and how could Grace could not smile with this adorable expression? " Is not it, princess?" 

" Stop calling her princess." but again, the commander just ruins their mood with his gravely demeanor. Which, sadly she could not deny. As in fact, they really is in a situation that should not make them comfortable. " There will be inspection in front of the gate, I already prepare everything you just need to keep silence."

and she nods, while walking behind him obediently. Following him who walks to the crowd near the big gate that seems to be the entrance of the city. Many people from many races seems to gather in this city. Some seems to speak with language she never knew while some also doing something she could not understand. It is like magic, but- never once in her life she sees magic other than the incident that happened when she met he princess at the first time. The scenery is so magnifying that she could not stop to get fascinated from all of them. Especially when Grace aware that all of this is something that the princess never had chance to enjoy in her entire life.

Ending up, despite what situation she is now in, either Grace or the princess excitedly looking at all the lively scenery around and unconsciously attracted with many things they has passed. Even she do not aware with the fact that the commander had to come back to get them because he could not see them anywhere. 

Of course he is mad, so that is why he grabs Grace's hand hard and make her realized and paled. " Focus!" the glare is deadly even with the low voice.

and, of course she feels so scared, and mad- but also could not do anything about it so that her smile is fading as she then followed the commander- who strangely frowned but then sighed. " Stay behind." but she decided not to care and just follow him again to get out from the trouble.

" So what is the purpose of the stay?" asked the immigration officer to them.

" We would like to transit to go to Solisa Empire." said the commander.

and the woman seems check the documentations he just gave thoroughly, and then look at Grace who holds the princess in her hand. Then he looks at the commander's face who undoubtedly so handsome. She smiles a little, " Seems like you are so lucky, miss." she said that makes her confused. " Your baby looks like your husband." 

and she frowned while looking at the commander that seems so cool about it. ' What?!' and of course the fact that this immigration person acknowledge them as wife and husband is so much surprising but, the fact that she also mentioned that it is lucky for her baby to look like him- feels, so much annoying? ' Well... of course he is indeed handsome.' but, it does not make her feel much better to know that it is a lucky if her baby looks like him.

" What are you doing? Come." he said. 

Which listening to him, make her kind of mad right now. But, again, who is she that could deny her order anyway? '... ordinary will be ordinary anyway.'

" Ress!! wat dat?" but then the princess's sweet voice makes her notices a huge air balloon flies above her. Even she left in awe when she looks at it by herself. She was wondering about what was a tiny little thing flying around the city when they were far away, but to then look at the real one, she could not help but gapped. " Ress der! Huujj" and even the princess is so excited and smiles so brightly with her chubby face. She asked her to go there excitedly, go a little bit closer to them and of course Grace wants to follow her desire- and reflexively, she looks at the commander with a bright smile. Her excitement, and the princess's excitement could not make her thing straightly and thinking that the commander will allow them to get closer to the air balloon area but, 

" ... what?" the commander just looked at her with a stern looking expression despite how bright the smile she shows.

awkwardly she puts her smile down. " ... No, it is nothing, si- sir?" and then get confused and look at him confusedly,  "... What should I call you?"

Which he have to think about her question for awhile before he could not understand immediately, but- of course no one calls their husband sir, right? "... Titan just arranged it that way. Don't care about it." 

and she did. While following him again behind his back, but- city like this one is much crowded than she expected and she could not really follow him as easily as before. It is really hard for her to keep behind him, while in the same time protecting the princess who almost bumps to many people's shoulder every times.

Her eyes try to focus on his appearance, but slowly, she could only see his hand. It is really struggling to keep following and somehow it makes her frustrated  to think that they will lost him. So, she grabs his hand, trying to hold him tight but- someone's bumps the princess's head quite hard so she reflexively lets the hand go and stop for awhile.

" Are you oka-" but with the crowd that keeps walking, even she ended up being pushed and almost fall down before a hand hold her up. She looks at the commander who composedly looking at her, and slowly put his hand down to her hand, and grab her while dragging her gently.

despite the loud, and crowded the place is, strangely- it is easy for her to realize of how big his hand is. 

" Don't let go." he said with his deep voice. While keeping her close and somehow protect them with his big body. " Just give her to me." 

" Yes?"

Before she even realized, he holds the princess with his one hand which confused both of them. Even the princess almost cried after being held by him, but because for Grace the commander is the safest place for her anyway, she then get closer to her and said while smiling. " I am here." she has to tip toeing and get closer to him as much as she could for the princess to hear her. She also have to put some weight on his hand that holds her to make her stable, but- strangely, the commander just looking at the scene in silence. 

the fact that a maid's smile could calms a child like this. 

it is somehow confusing, but- in other hand, he kind of understand why it could be like that. Especially when her eyes looks so kind and calming, while the smile looks so beautiful. The princess ended up holds his neck while keep looking at her behind calmingly.

Whose hand, still he holds tightly.

"... 

.

.

***