Chapter 45: Golden Buns.~

"Saito..." Kamihara stared into curious blue hues with all the seriousness he could muster and trailed off for a moment; from the blinks of her eyes, he continued. "This is very important and I understand that you're living alone, that you have no parents," when he mentioned this, he watched how her head tilt down and a frown grew on her lips.

"Y- Yeah... I was pretty sure you already knew, but..." the cybergirl trailed off in thought, before returning her attention to the awesome ninja hero. "Why are you bringing this up?" She decided to ask, the matter itself was very confusing to her since it would normally be none of anyone's business.

Those gray eyes closed to take a moment, so he could find the right words to explain and answer her properly. "I... Would suggest adoption, however..." Upon hearing the ninja's words, Saito took a step back and froze in her spot, too astonished to run away. However, his next words stunned her the most, for his eyes bore into hers and made sure she knew he was serious. "Please give this some thought. Because-- I wish to be... Your father. I know how hard this must be to hear, but I want to make sure you're in a safe environment," he explained, and the fists, that were buried inside the creases of his folded arms, tightened in hopes of her accepting. "Oddly enough-- You remind me a little bit of myself when I was younger when I was your age, and before I ever became a pro hero. Throughout our internship, it felt like we've connected a little, and to know, that there are other ways to be a hero aside from fighting... I know adoption can be an act of heroism in a way," After a short pause in his sentence, his eyes opened back to her once more, and saw her awestruck gaze.

"The fight we had during your final exam, I felt like I understood you a little more. So, I wish to protect and be around you more. Taking Principle Nezu's place was because of how I felt, about your living situation. I am very concerned about you," After he finished, those blue hues he kept his eyes connected to, began to water up with emotion.

Flashes of the explosion to her home reoccurred in her mind and the death of her parents, the sirens wailing, all resurfaced. Even though she looked up to him a lot, ever since she was small, she couldn't shake the fear of that bomb at the mention of him being a parent to her.

I don't know... I don't know! I don't know! The hacker might use me to kill him! I might severely wound him! What if... What if the same thing happens to him, like what happened to my parents?! Pure panic filled her eyes at that moment and lost focus, for her attention moved from his gaze to staring into space. Countless thoughts swarmed like bees and devastation was hard to hide.

"Uviel..." his smooth and clear voice, quiet, the mention of her first name snapped her out of her thoughts. Fear-struck eyes bore into gray, concerned ones when she peeked back up at him. "You can take your time. There is no rush... As I said, I understand that this may be difficult for you to decide and I don't expect an answer right away. Please, give it some thought and let me know on your own time," a gentle placement of his hand on her head and a soft rub seemed to have pushed Saito to ask a question that drove her fear.

"W- What if the hacker uses me to try and kill you?! What if the same thing happens to you that my parents went through?!" Relentless tears fell down her cheeks the more she questioned and a small hand clenched the fabric of her clothing, from the emotional state she was getting into. "What if-- you get killed, because of me?!" After that, almost instantly, he pulled her into a warm and comforting embrace to try and soothe any kind of fear she had.