84 | Give and take

Start from the beginning

A perfect replica of her sledgehammer.

One he can wield freely and still functions the same as the original. Cursed energy transfers from Okkotsu to the weapon. If not a hammer, then what's a more suitable tool that can he use in a situation where he needs to knock away the items thrown at him?

The sledgehammer is perfect for the job-smacking and smashing. Okkotsu doesn't intend to leave items controlled by telekinesis on the ground either since it'll most likely attack him again.

He takes a deep breath.

A small smile tugs on the corner of his lips. He'll win this fight in no time.

'I'll be borrowing this, Y/N..!'

Poor kids

Poor kids.

Having to be dragged into a game like this must be tough- maybe not too much for Itadori who lived to find where Higuruma's staying at or the murderer. Though as much as he could agree that killing people is bad and a crime, well..

..This is a nice change of pace. Higuruma's still curious about the rules of the culling game and how it works. Plus, he still hasn't had his fun as the bad guy.

The man strikes once again, making you and Itadori hop on the stage while Higuruma charged after the two of you. You wince as you're hit, but before he can land another, Itadori pushes you aside.

The gavel in Higuruma's hand changes positions, making his moves more confusing and unreadable.

Itadori's hit a second time, a part of his uniform sleeve being torn.

'Itadori!'

'Fuck! What do i do?! I don't have the energy to open a warp!'

You grit your teeth. What the hell? Being back to being a normal person definitely isn't as relieving as you imagined it would be. You had thought about your life if you never awakened your technique and never saw the curse that followed you, but you didn't expect to feel so.. Weak and helpless.

Your technique always begged for more. There's a balance, but it never lasted long— you're either starving or too full.

You have gotten so used to constantly fighting the urge to shove and devour anything with cursed energy inside your mouth, that having your hunger finally satisfied despite not eating curses, felt weird.

Though, you're relieved to have the curse placed on you removed.

Even if it's only temporary.

A bright light then suddenly flashes on the corner of your eye which catches you off guard. Just as Higuruma's about to land his finishing hit on itadori, the same light appears in between the two fighting sorcerers.