13 | Home

Clueless.

"Eh?" Maki tilts her head to the side.

"I don't understand..?"

"Shake?"

You sigh, your stomach rumbling once again. This is so embarassing to try and explain— both for you and the two other first year.

Kugisaki awkwardly chuckles, "What Fushiguro means is that.." she slumps her shoulders in defeat.

"I can't explain this.."

You smile at her before patting her brown hair, "You tried. It's pretty unpleasant, right?"

"No offence but.. It is." she mutters defeatedly.

Fushiguro makes eye contact with maki, who, like the two other second years, is also wondering what you and Kugisaki meant.

He gulps, "She eats.. Curses.." he avoids any eye contact after that.

"She― what?!" Maki's mouth is agape and her eyes slightly widened from shock. Even if it wasn't obvious, panda's also shocked.

Inumaki steps forward to you and kugisaki, "Takana?" mustard leaf.

He was probably asking why you were still alive.. Or if you were okay and what kind of curses did you eat..

You tilt your head to the side, "uhm.. umeboshi?"

This earned a laugh from panda. Inumaki's confused— this is the first time someone has ever replied with another type of food. Kugisaki tried to contain her giggling but she suddenly burst out laughing.

Did you just..?

"He's asking if you're fine." panda grins, "Please don't reply with.. ingredients too..!" he trails off, laughing with Kugisaki.

Your cheeks heat up, "I didn't know! I'm sorry, senpai."

Inumaki nods. You could basically see the amusement in his eyes.

Maki turns to you, "Are you okay?" she ask, "Isn't it dangerous for humans to eat.. curses?"

You smile awkwardly, "I.. Don't know?" you say, "it's nothing serious though! i'm still alive. hungry, but still alive."

"L/N, we should go now." Fushiguro taps your shoulder. he was waiting for you.

"Ah, right." your stomach rumbles once again, "See you later.. Senpais.."

Maki, Panda, Inumaki, and Kugisaki could only watch as you and Fushiguro leave the school. Rour other arm's wrapped around your stomach and you held your head low— still embarrassed from the interaction yet happy that you had the chance to meet new students.

"I wonder how that happened." Maki mutters, turning to her fellow second years and kouhai.

"Eating curses? That's unusual." panda says, "But it's not impossible."

Maki scoffs, "Nothings impossible here."

"Shake." Inumaki agrees.

This school keeps getting weirder.

After twenty minutes on a train and another ten minutes of walking around, you and fushiguro finally reached your neighbourhood

Which you realized has now gone too quiet for your liking.

"Weird." you turn to Fushiguro who's also skeptical. According to gojo, there are a lot of kids near your home, but none of you has seen a glimpse of anyones child.

Nonetheless, you two kept going— people in the neighborhood or not. Your house is already within eye sight anyway so there's no turning back.

"Should we keep going?" you ask.

He nods, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Stay close." Fushiguro felt like something's going to go absolutely wrong.

As you two neared your house, you began to feel something heavy. It's like someones body on top of yours but there was no one there.

Fushiguro frowns. the cursed energy inside your home is..

Strong.

Suddenly, you picked up the pace, as if not being able to stay for much longer to get inside your house.

"L/N, wait!" Fushiguro calls out to you, but your hand is already on the doorknob.

'You have the keys!' the boy curses himself. Of course something dumb like this would happen.

With no one to stop you, you twist the knob open.