Inso's Law x Male OC (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

" Dan-ii. Is Dae-il alright?!"

" Dae-il? Who's Dae-il?"

" Fuck." Ji-ho muttered under his breath. Even Dan-ii forgot about him, just what happened for it to be like this?

" Dan-ii, can I come in?!"

" S-sure..."

Just as she stepped aside, Ji-ho ran to Dae-il's room, barging in only to be greeted with an empty room. He was stunned. If he's not here, where would he be?

" Dae-il!!!" Dan-ii suddenly shouted, hands clasped to her mouth. Ji-ho immediately look towards the direction she is looking at. Just at the corner of the room, a silhouette curling into a ball as it shook slightly. Ji-ho took Dae-il into his arms as he swiftly went out. Dan-ii stayed frozen in her place as all of it happened. She couldn't comprehend just what is happening. One moment, she didn't have a brother, and the other she realizes about the existence of her only sibling. Was this.. how the others felt too?

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Ji-ho brought Dae-il to his house, asking the family doctor to examine his condition. Although his poker face was showed to the others, his eyes betrays him, showing all the anxiousness he felt at the very moment. He looks at Dae-il. His expression is serene, as if all the fear he emits from his body language earlier never happened. Though he is sleeping soundly on the bed as a stethoscope occasionally hit his chest area, Ji-ho can see how visibly thinner he had become from just a few days away from his sight.

' Just what happened..?'

The doctor sighed, putting away his tools.

" His body was distressed from all the pressure his mind was in. Also, he seems to be malnourished, he had at least gone through three days without food. What happened?"

" Just tell me if there's anything else I should be aware of."

" Hah... You should give him something light when he wakes up later. Reintroduce his body with heavy food little by little. Make sure he gets enough rest and sleep."

" Can he drink milk when he wakes up?"

" That should be no problem."

" Alright, thanks."

" Contact me if anything else happens. I'll take my leave."

" . . . " Ji-ho stayed silent, observing the sleeping male as he was immersed in his thoughts.

' It doesn't makes sense... How did he go without food for that long when the gathering was just two days ago? Did he.. go there again? Was the time there moved differently than here? I wonder what pushed him to this condition...'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Dae-il sat dazedly on the bed. He couldn't discern wether he's back or not, seeing that he haven't seen anyone after he woke up. Just as he stare outside the window, he heard the doorknob turned. Fearfully, he turned his gaze towards the door, preparing for the worst.

" Ah, you're awake! Good thing I brought the porridge with me. I also brought strawberry milk for you."

Dae-il stayed silent, contemplating wether it's a dream or not. Eun Ji-ho just put on a smiling face as he walk towards the bed. Just as he puts the tray on the stand, Dae-il grabbed his hand, trembling as he fiddles with Ji-ho's fingers. Tears rolled down his cheeks when he felt the warmth emanating from it.

' Ah... It's not a dream...' he thought, wiping away the tears as he sighed in relief.

Ji-ho's heart clenched at the sight. The first thing Dae-il did was reality check, how could he not be worried? He seemed so distraught when he came in, the usual shine in his eyes didn't portray itself until he was sure he was really back here. All the pain he had to go through seems to show just from that simple gesture. Ji-ho couldn't stand seeing the tears flowing out like river from Dae-il's eyes, so he pulled him into an embrace, patting his back as he reassured him that everything will be fine.

' Should I just keep him here right next to me?' Ji-ho thought, a glint of possessiveness shone through his eyes as he thought that...

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Dan-ii stayed with Yeoryeong that night, trying to sort out her thoughts. Yeoryeong faithfully stay right next to her, holding her hand.

" Dan-ii, do you want to try calling Ji-ho? He might let you talk to Dae-il."

" I... I don't know... I just don't feel like I deserve to know about Dae-il. I forgot about him. Even though I was supposed to be the one that stay by him till the end of the line... Even though I grew up together with him... Even though he protected me since we were little... I'm so useless..."

Dan-ii couldn't help but cry, she knew how undeserving of her to have a brother that would be at her beck and call and she still forgot about him. She keeps on getting him hurt from all her decisions. Yet, Dae-il still stand by her side gallantly. What kind of a sister is she? Shouldn't she be the older twin?

°~Thanks for reading~°