Chapter 18 [No Hope]

Childe was the one who ended up carrying you just as you were just finishing up with tying up your mouth. He has the strength and stamina to accomplish this. The only drawback was that unless you removed the cloth, you couldn't speak. However, removing the cloth may result in someone being bitten.

Scaramouche slammed the door wide open, and you all bolted. That, on the other hand, irritated you because it was your job to slam the door open violently. You'd never made it past the 33rd floor before. Ever.

After plenty of breaks, since Childe's stamina was reduced by a lot, you finally ended up on the highest floor, the 40th.

With wide smiles on their bloody faces, everyone exhaled a sigh of relief. Down the hall, the door was right there. It was the only door on the 40th floor, in fact. For a single room, there is such a long hallway.

Scaramouche practically threw himself into the door, finally relieved.

You gave Childe a small tap on his shoulder, signalling him to put you down. As the others rested, you desperately searched around as carefully as you could.

Hu Tao

"Y/N... You find... Anything yet?..."

You climbed a shelf, feeling a large box. You took it down, just to find out it was a safe.

Scaramouche

"Shit!... Y/N, can't you just break it open with your gun?!"

You shook your head no as a response.

Childe pulled out that blade of his and stupidly tried opening it with it.

You pulled his hand away from the safe, you knew that if he had continued to do so, then he would end up breaking the blade.

Both Hu Tao and Xiao rummaged through hundreds of drawers in search of the code. Although they were very exhausted, they persisted. Scaramouche and Childe were handing the number combinations to test as the two searched desperately. Nothing was working, and each time it didn't, you became more frustrated.

Xiao

"What if this safe contains something different?... What we see in this safe might not be the thing we're looking for."

You hadn't considered it until now. You walked away from the safe to continue your search. Childe and Scaramouche continued to cram random 4-digit codes into the safe, while Hu Tao, you, and Xiao looked for both the code and the antidote in case the antidote wasn't in there. Who knows, maybe there's an entire ass dildo in the safe.

In a tiny corner of the room, you saw broken glass and decided to go check it out while everyone else was just talking about the safe.

There was a large shelf in front of you that was blocking your vision. When you peered over it, there wasn't quite as much broken glass as you expected, and it was surrounded by a lavender-coloured liquid.

Regarding the small amount of shattered glass and the colour of the fizzy liquid that stood before your eyes, the note you found in the other building when you had only just found Childe and Scaramouche did mention that the antidote was put into a small bottle and was a more vibrant, purple colour.