Chapter 10

1 YEAR LATER.......

Tony's POV
So, Sierra and I are waiting for Ryan and Sophie to pick us up from school and I thought of something. So I turned to Sierra.

Tony: Sisi?
Sierra: Yeah?
Tony: How would you feel of calling them momma and ma?
Sierra: I mean I've been wanting to since we got adopted. But I wanted to wait til you did.
Tony: oh Sisi, you didn't have to do that. I actually wanted to call Ryan ma that same day too. But I'm scared to think of what our Mom and Dad would think.
Sierra: I think Mom and Dad will still love us either way. And that they're happy that Ryan took us. Remember that they met before?
Tony: Yeah, I remember.

~Flashback~
As we're all settling in our crib again, I come across a box with a DVD on it. It says "to our kids" on it.

Tony: Ryan?!
Ryan: Yeah!
Tony: Could you come please? And bring Sophie too!

As they came from the bedroom, they looked at me with concern.

Ryan: What's wrong?
Tony: I um........was going through these boxes and I found a DVD that says "to our kids" on it. *gives it to Ryan*
Ryan: *looks at it and gives it to Sophie* Do you have an idea of what it is?
Tony: well they did say, they'll leave something for us in case something were to happen to them while they were on the job.
Sophie: well, T what do you want to do? Do you want to play it to see?
Tony: *nods* Yes, but I'm nervous.
Ryan: We'll sit with you and Sisi while you guys watch it. Okay? We can wait until she gets home.
Tony: *nods* okay. Thank you.
Ryan: *smiles and nods* no problem.

~ six hours later~

We're sitting on the couch and we're putting the DVD in for it to play. Then as I pressed play on the remote, I see our Dad trying to fix the camera.

Keith: Did I fix it right baby?
Ryan: Keith, why you always messing up the camera??
Keith: I'm trying to fix it right?
Ryan: Ugh, move! *moves him* let me fix it. Gosh. There. Now let me sit down.

We all laughed at their dynamic.

Ryan: That's how their relationship was?
Tony: all the time. It was so funny.
Sierra: we'd laugh at them when they would have little fights like that.

Ryan: Hi my sweet kids. It's your Mom and Dad.
Keith: Hey Kiddos.
Ryan: If your seeing this, it probably means that we're no longer here anymore. Um *starts to tear up* we want to let you three know that mommy and Daddy loves you three very much. And it's not that we wanted to go. Cause it's not.
Keith: it's just apart of the job. We made sure to always be careful so that we'd always come home to you three. We swear if love was the only way....
Ryan: We would still be here with you three. *sniffs* what we want you three to know is that now that we're gone, I want you Tony to find a Woman from the bar that's across the street from us. Called the Hold Up. Her name is Ryan Wilder. I know. We got the same name. You won't miss her, she's a hot black woman. Your dad and I go there every morning for coffee after we dropped you guys to school. Anyway, go to her and ask her if she'd be willing to adopt you three. I know your probably saying, why not Nina? I didn't want to give her all that responsibility. Given that it's just her. But with Ryan, I remember our conversations. She said she's been wanting to adopt with her wife for a few months but didn't get a chance to because of their jobs. And I would like to give you three to her as a gift. From listening to Ryan talk about adopting kids and wanting them to have all the love and care, I just know that passing my kids to her would be it. And our place, it's yours. I've asked Nina if something were to happen to us that she'd keep our things here in case. That's all I have to say. Keith?
Keith: *clears throat* to my Sweet girl Tiana. Daddy is so sorry that he's not here to see you grow up. To become a beautiful woman. Tony, watch out for her if she has any boyfriends! Sierra too! But anyway, um yeah Daddy is really sorry that he's not here to see you grow up but what I do want you to know is that Daddy loves you very much and is very proud of what career you decide to choose. To my other sweet girl Sierra. I know how much you love mixed martial arts. So all the Bruce Lee movies that we have are yours. Along with what I said to Tiana, Daddy is sorry that he's not here to see you grow up, Graduate middle school, high school, college. But Daddy loves you sweetheart I'll be proud of whatever career you choose to do. And lastly to my boy. My Kobe! Tony, your their father now. I'm sorry that it has to come to that. But I know that you'll be there for them. Through everything. Always. Dad loves you son. Just know whatever you three decide to do in life, we are proud of you. We've always been proud. Ryan?
Ryan: Well you've said everything I was going to say. Took up all the minutes on the camera *rolls her eyes*

We're all teary eyed and started back laughing at their antics again

Keith: I'm sorry!!!! *sighs* I'm sorry babe. Would you like to say anything else to our kids?
Ryan: Oh, if Ryan and her wife is watching I hope you are. But if you are, thank you for taking our kids. I know you and your wife will do great with taking care of them. Tony knows the routine with Tiana. So I'm sure he's already helping you two with her. I should've told you in our conversation that I have kids and I should've arranged this better. But I do hope that you are all together. Ryan talking to you and with you about everything has been really nice. I just wished we met long before and that we would've been close friends. Keith and I didn't have much friends at our job. And I know you can guess why. But having you there at the bar and you talking to us that gets it really was refreshing. So thank you. Well, I guess that's it. Keith, anything you want to say to Ryan?
Keith: Hey Ry. If you and your wife are with them, thank you so much for taking them in. And always be there for them.
Ryan: Tiana, mommy loves you my sweet girl. Sierra, mommy loves you my sweet girl. Tony, my sweet boy. Mommy loves you. We both love you so much. *tears up and sniffs* Goodbye my sweet kids.
Keith: Goodbye kiddos.
Tony: *presses stop*
Ryan: Man, I miss them.
Sophie: How do you guys feel?
Tony: at peace now that I've seen it.
Sierra: yeah. I know that it wasn't their fault. Seeing that video was good.
Sophie: Babe?
Ryan: just hearing Ryan's last thing on this DVD and her telling me this, made me really wishes that she was here. They won't be able to see their kids grow up. And that's what pains me. And for her to even give her kids to me. I know that wasn't easy for her. I just........I'm just really missing them now.
Sophie: I know honey. I know. All that's left now you guys, is to make your parents proud. And everything will be okay. I love each and every one of you all. Your parents loves you all. So let's make them proud. Okay?
Tony: *nods and smiles* okay
Sierra: *nods and smiles* okay
Sophie: Honey?
Ryan: *smiles and nods* alright.

~End of Flashback~

Tony: Okay. How bout this, when they come, we'll call them momma and ma.
Sierra: *gets excited* really?!
Tony: Yeah.
Sierra: *smiles* okay.

~Meanwhile~

Ryan's POV
They're not going to call me momma or ma. And you know what? That's okay.

Ryan: It's okay.
Sophie: Ryan.......
Ryan: what if they don't Sophie?
Sophie: Then we just gotta wait patiently for them okay? And if they don't, we'll just have to respect that. Okay?
Ryan: Okay
Sophie: okay. *kisses her hand* it's gonna be okay.
Ryan: *smiles* okay

We pulled to their school and both of us came out to wait on them.

Tony's POV
We see them pulling up in front of the school.

Tony: They're here. You ready?
Sierra: Who's hugging who?
Tony: I'll hug Ryan and then we'll switch.
Sierra: okay

We walked up to them and we hugged them.

Tony: *Hugs Ryan* Hey Ma.
Sierra: *hugs Sophie* Hey momma.
Ryan: Hey guys. How was school?
Both: good.
Ryan: alright. Well let's head home yeah?
Both: Okay
Ryan: Come on, let's get go.

Ryan's POV
We all headed inside the car and all of us put our seatbelts on. But a realization just came to me and Sophie given that we looked at each other with the same expression.

Ryan: Wait a minute! Hold up! Did....Did you.....Did you just call us.....
Tony: We wanted to wait till we were ready. Apparently, Sierra wanted to call you two that since you adopted us. But anyway. Since a year has passed, I felt very loved from each and everyone of you guys. This family that you have given us, I just felt it was right. I love you both. So much. My two hot moms.
Ryan: *laughs* Boy, stop. *sniffling*
Sophie: *dries her own tears* And we love you three so much. Now, let's head home. For real this time. *starts laughing*

                                THE END