Chapter 6

Ryan's POV
I told Sophie that Jordan has talked to someone from child protective services to see if he can help us. And she's on board with it. So we're both just waiting for him to reply to my text.

Sophie: Is he good? Like he knows what he's talking about?
Ryan: Jordan says he does. He's been helping with the community center as well.
Sophie: Oh that's nice of him.
Ryan: Right? Man, I really wish I had that as a kid. I'm so glad it's booming now.
Sophie: yeah, me too.

I got a text from James saying he's on his way.

Ryan: Okay. He just texted. He said he's on his way.
Sophie: Okay. Well, I'm glad we're dressed appropriately for this meeting.
Ryan: I feel like we always do tho.
Sophie: *laughs* You're right.

James Givens is on his way to the hold up. I know that I shouldn't be nervous. But I'm a little nervous. I'm glad that we decided to close the hold up just for today. Cause I needed to be in the right headspace when dealing with something like this. I see a man walking in. I must say, he is cute. I see why Jordan is fond of him. Kinda looks like Tupac a lil bit.

Sophie and I look at each other and we just smile to let each other know that it's going to be okay

James: Hi. Good evening, you two must be Mrs. Wilder and Mrs. Moore-Wilder. It's nice to meet you two *put out his hand for a handshake* I'm James Givens.

Sophie takes his hand for a handshake and I take his hand after.

Ryan: Oh please, have a seat.
James: Thank you. *sits in one of the booths* so, tell me what's going on?
Ryan: Okay. Well, I found these two siblings plus their 8 month old sister and three of them don't have a home. They've been living in their van and they're in the foster system. Nobody wants to adopt them because their brother is 16 years old. So, What I want to know from you is do you think you can help us adopt them?
James: I can. I'll have to head to the foster system to look at their files.
Ryan: Do they need to stay in the adoption place that they stayed in until everything is over?
James: I'm afraid so.
Ryan: It's exactly what I was afraid of.
Sophie: Is there anyway that they can stay somewhere else for now?
James: They can stay at the community center while the process is in motion until we get a decision. But I must warn you guys. This process can be long.
Ryan: It'll be worth it in the end. How long by chance?
James: So we're in January? So, I'd say until May.
But it all depends on the judge. It'll be quicker if you two prove to them that your good parents. Which I assume you two will be. You two are both great people. From what I've heard from Jordan.
Ryan: Yes we are. And thank you. For helping us with this.
James: Oh, it's no problem. I'll text you the details to see what's the next step okay?
Sophie: Yes, thank you so much.
James: Again, it's no problem. We'll I'll see you two again. Talk soon.
Ryan: Bye!

As he left, I can't help but feel anxious.

Ryan: we gotta wait until may Sophie?!
Sophie: Well he did say it might go quicker if we prove to them that we're good parents baby. We just gotta do just that.
Ryan: Okay yeah. We got this. Looks like we gotta take them to the community center huh?
Sophie: I'm afraid so.
Ryan: I liked having them here.
Sophie: We'll visit them everyday.
Ryan: Okay. *sighs* let's go *takes her hand and walks upstairs*