Chapter 9

Ryan's POV
I turned away from them, I walked to my desk and just rested both of my hands on it. This can't be real right now. Then next thing I hear is a familiar voice.

Tony: *walks in with Tiana in his hand and starts laughing* I'm sorry. I couldn't stop laughing. Y'all are wrong for real. Y'all had her crying too.
Ryan: *sniffs and turns around* Tony? Sierra? Wait what's going on?
Tony: nah the question really is, is when are we heading to our crib?
Ryan: Wha- I'm lost.
James: *smiles* Ryan, you and Sophie are now adopting parents of Tiana, Sierra, and Tony Love.
Ryan: *looks at Sophie* we're parents?!
Sophie: *gets teary eyed* we're parents baby.
Ryan: Get over here you guys!

The siblings walked fast towards us as Sophie and I gave them a group hug. We squeezed them tight until I just figured out something. Wait a damn minute!

Ryan: Wait a minute! Hold up! Y'all last name is Love?
Tony: you just had to ruin a moment?
Ryan: Um, I'm sorry. I'm just now hearing y'all last name for the first time.
Sophie: Really Ry?
Ryan: Okay. I'll stop talking. More hugging.

I hugged them once more and tighter. I heard some sniffles. And when I look up, it's from Jordan and Mary. Such softies.

Ryan: We got you guys. You hear me? Always. We'll always be here. I promise you that.

As we broke off from the group hug, Sophie took Tiana from Tony and headed towards Mary and Jordan. I looked at them and started to smile. Then when I looked at Tony getting teary eyed, He looked at me and he hugged me.

Tony: *cries* thank you. Thank you for saving us.
Ryan: *puts her hand on the back of his head* and I'd do it all over again to have you three. You hear me? You three matter. And I see you.

We broke from the hug, smiled at each other, wiped his tears and gave him a hug once more. We broke from the hug a few minutes later and we faced everyone.

Ryan: I'm glad that we're all here sharing this moment. James, you don't understand how appreciative we are for helping us out with this. I owe you.
James: We can talk about that later. But, it makes me happy to be doing this for kids that just wants a loving family. And I really expressed that to the people I work with about this case. That you guys are the real deal.
Ryan: Well I appreciate everything. All of us. Seriously. Thank you.
James: oh it's no problem.
Mary: okay, so how are we celebrating this?
Ryan: Hmmm. I can ask Mom if we can celebrate at her place. I know she can't wait to hear the news and to meet you guys. She's going to love y'all. Don't worry. Let me give her a call. Oh Tony is it okay if Nina comes by as well?
Tony: She's family. Of course she can.
Ryan: *smiles* okay. Be right back. *walks away*
James: Well, I gotta go. Thank you for having me here.
Ryan: oh hold on mom. James, you should come. We can talk then.
James: Thank you. See you guys then. Um uh see you then Jordan?
Jordan: uh yeah. Definitely. *smiles shyly at him*
James: *smiles back* okay. Later. *walks off*
Jordan: *watches him walk off*
Mary: *whispers* he is cute Jordan! I know you like him too. We'll talk about that later. *smirks at her and lightly bumps her*
Jordan: *smiles and rolls her eyes as she shakes her head*
Luke: Welcome to the family man *daps Tony*
Tony: *daps him back and hugs him* thank you. it feels surreal. Being in a new family.
Luke: hey listen, if you have any questions at all. Let me know.
Tony: you got it.
Ryan: Okay I'm back. She said she cleared her whole schedule for the day. So we'll have the celebration tonight at her place. I'll text y'all her address. And we'll see y'all there.
Luke: cool.
Ryan: As for Nina, she agreed to come over. I sent her the address as well.
Tony: cool
Sierra: *runs up to Ryan and hugs her*
Ryan: *hugs her back* I told you everything is going to be okay. We're here now. And always. Okay?
Sierra: *nods her head*
Ryan: Now, I won't ask you anything but one thing missy *looks at Tiana while she has her hand in her mouth* to please give me back my wife. I had her first.
Jordan: *laughs* what did she do?
Ryan: She's tryna take my woman is what she's tryna do.