8. Charity Gala- Part 2

Start from the beginning

Adrien is used to all of this, of course, and poses with ease. He notices Kagami's discomfort and grabs her hand, leaning in to whisper, "It's okay, you're doing great."

Kagami smiles, relaxing.

"Adrien Agreste, is this your girlfriend?!" A reporter shouts as the teens walk back. "Can you confirm or deny for us tonight?"

Adrien and Kagami share a look. She nods. He raises their interlocked hands and shouts, "Kagami Tsurugi is my girlfriend!" He gently cradles her face and kisses her.

Marinette tries not to let that comment get to her and keeps her smile forced for the cameras. She wanted to be inside how. As if he could read her mind, Luka grabs her hand and they hurry inside.

Adrien suddenly feels guilty as he and his girlfriend walk inside. He's only being overly affectionate to prove to Kagami—and himself—that he loves her—and only her—and that he could be a good boyfriend.

But... he didn't feel like himself.

Kagami was too happy to notice.

Inside now, they find their table and sit with the other guests. A spotlight appears on stage and Amelie walks out, a beautiful purple gown complimenting her skin tone. She walks up to the podium, waving, and smiles wide as cheers and claps erupt throughout the room.

"Oh, thank you, thank you so much! I'm honored to be here and grateful for every single person in this room who took time out of their busy lives to be here tonight. Every person in attendance tonight is ten-thousand euros donated to our newest charity—the Agreste and Graham Foundation!"

A banner falls behind her, revealing a picture of Gabriel Agreste and Amelie Graham De Vanily together.

"Our new charity will provide better education for low-income students here in London and in Paris!" She pauses as the crowd cheers again. "Sadly, our beloved Gabriel Agreste could not attend tonight, but to help honor our new partnership is his son, Adrien Agreste!"

A spotlight appears on Adrien. He slowly stands, waving to the crowd as he makes his way up to the stage. He stands beside his aunt, shoulders straight, and plasters a perfect smile for everyone to see. He hated this part, always having to do things on behalf of his father who couldn't be bothered to show, but he always smiled anyway.

Amelie wraps an arm around her nephew. "I am proud to know a man like Gabriel Agreste, who always goes the extra mile to bring inspiration and help to those who need it. My only hope is that we can help as many children as we can, and one day we can give a true education to everyone else in the world!"

Adrien and his aunt pose for a picture, and he makes eye contact with, not his girlfriend, but his good friend, Marinette. They smile at each other.

***

After the ceremony, the guests are led to a different room with buffet tables and a wide dance floor. Soft music starts playing from the speakers and people pair off to dance.

Alya offers her hand to Nino. "May I have this dance?"

"Hey, I was about to ask that!" Nino whines. He grins. "But yes." He grabs her hand and they walk off.

Luka takes Marinette's hand and leads her away. They hold each other close and start dancing.

Adrien turns to Kagami. "Would you like to dance?"

"Of course." She takes Adrien's hand and they find themselves dancing beside Marinette and Luka. The four of them dance side-by-side, trying to ignore each other.

"You look beautiful, Marinette," Luka tells her.

She smiles with a blush. "Thank you, Luka. You look handsome as well. I've never seen you in a tux before."

He looks down at himself and chuckles. "Yeah, I do feel a little strange, but I'm glad I'm here with you." He raises his hand and spins Marinette, smiling wide at her.

She laughs. "What?"

"Nothing. You're just... beautiful, truly." Luka bends down and kisses her cheek. "I can't stop staring at you."

Marinette bites back a grin. She wraps her arms around Luka's neck and rests her head on his arm.

Adrien and Kagami dance perfectly, due to their overbearing parents forcing them to take classes, and they sway and spin and move around flawlessly.

Adrien gestures to the clip in her hair. "That Japanese heirloom is beautiful, Kagami."

What about me? Kagami wonders to herself. Do you think I'm beautiful? She waits for a compliment, and when it doesn't happen, she says, "Thank you, Adrien. My mother gifted it to me for my eleventh birthday."

Adrien pulls Kagami close, hands at her side, and he rests his head against hers.

The song fades out and a familiar one plays. It's a slower melody of Marinette and Adrien's song, the one they danced to together at Chloe's party and in New York. It's popular even in London, too.

Marinette and Adrien hold eye contact as their song continues on. They sway back and forth with their partners, each not daring to look away first.

They both think back on that beautiful night in New York, dancing together in front of the moon.

It was the perfect night.

They share a sad smile before they spin and turn away from each other.