8. Charity Gala- Part 2

Začít od začátku

The tailor finishes taking Adrien's measurements and gestures for him to step off the platform. Nino takes his place and raises his arms. "What about you, Luka? How are you and Marinette?"

Adrien glances at Luka, waiting for his answer. Hopefully not good. His eyes widen as he realizes what he thought and shakes his head.

Luka smiles. "Marinette and I are... amazing. I've never met anyone like her before. I'm glad I didn't miss my chance with her."

As the musician turns his back, Adrien finds himself glaring at his blue hair. He smacks his face a few times and looks away. "What is wrong with me?" He mumbles to himself.

Felix watches Adrien with a smirk.

"What?"

His cousin shakes his head. "Nothing." He goes back to reading his magazine, slowly turning a page.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Nino gasps, and as he moves he earns a glare from the tailor. "Sorry, dude. While we're here, we should go on a triple date! Wouldn't that be fun?"

Adrien and Luka side-eye each other.

In sync, they both mumble, "Oh, yeah..."

***

The Next Day

After spending the past two hours getting ready for the charity gala, the couples meet downstairs in the foyer of Amelie and Felix's home.

Alya ditched the jacket of her multi-piece pantsuit and rocks the black crop top with the orange flare pants and black platforms. Her hair is in a high ponytail with a sly fox clip. Nino wears a dark green tux with an orange rose bud clipped to his chest pocket. He spots a black fedora instead of his usual baseball cap.

Adrien's wearing a three-piece black tux with a green tie, his hair washed, blow-dried, and styled perfectly into place. Only the best for the Agreste brand. Kagami's shoulders are bare in her bright red ballgown with off-the-shoulder sleeves. Her dark waves are pinned to the side, showing off a Japanese heirloom pinned to her hair.

Marinette has a baby pink, strapless dress, the skirt covered in rhinestones, with a thick, blue belt around the waist. Her hair is out of its usual pigtails, her slightly curly hair falling just past her shoulders. Luka's wearing a dark blue tux with a matching pink vest and tie.

"Good, you're ready." Felix appears at the top of the staircase, wearing a dark, red suit and a thick, black tie. His hair isn't gelled back or polished, as usual, and instead tussled and perfectly-imperfectly messy. "I was hoping we wouldn't be late."

Felix holds three roses in his hand, giving one to each of the girls. He lingers on Kagami a moment longer. "For you," He whispers, handing the flower to her, and their fingers brush for a second. He smiles with a wink.

Adrien steps over and wraps his arm around Kagami's waist.

"My mother is waiting," Felix tells them. "The limo's here to take us."

They all walk outside and climb into the limo, this time all couples seated together.

"I just want to let you guys know there's going to be a lot of paparazzi and reporters," Adrien warns his friends. "With big cameras and bright lights. Usually I'd avoid this, but my father insisted on taking the front entrance."

Since Gabriel wasn't attending the charity gala, Adrien was expected to be the face of the brand tonight.

The limo pulls up to a sidewalk where large crowds of fans, paparazzi, and reporters wait for them. They step out and walk the red carpet, stopping to pose for the cameras.