CHAPTER THIRTY

I've reached the thirtieth chapter!! I want to scream so loud!...but I can't because I'm supposed to be really quiet right now!😋 I feel so happy....but then again...the story is going to end soon...I DONT WANT IT TO END!!!😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔 but thank you guys for the votes...and comments...and for reading my book! Once I finish this book...I am going to make a book...not a FanFiction...but a fictional story...!! Check it out...there will be three books to it...I will have the name of the book..at the end of this story...

Ok...moving on....

The walk is quiet. Absolutely nothing to talk about. I don't ride my horse. I hold onto the reigns, and have my luggage on its back. I feel so cruel hurting this animal's spine. I promise I will give him all the rest in the world after the quest is over. It must be hard to carry such weight.

I let his muzzle, and keep walking. My feet ache, and it is starting to turn night. Aragorn stops, when we reach Fagorn Forest, and says,

" Let us rest. We must be so exhausted. Legolas, you can keep watch over the horses. Ariana, go to sleep...you look tiered. Gimli, you too. I will keep watch. "

I nod my head, and sit down on the coarse grass. It is browned, and dry. I cannot stand the feel of it press against my back. I finger my satchel bag, and pull out a journal. I flip through the pages, and smile.

A picture of Legolas is drawn. I might have drawn him after we left Mirkwood. Then I turn the page.

A letter has been written, but not sent. To Legolas.

Dear Legolas,

My Mellon, I cannot describe how sad I am. The silence in my home is unbearable. I always want to visit you, but my father doesn't allow it. He makes me learn how to act like a proper Elleth. I did not know we had to learn how to become proper ladies. I want to be like you, protecting your home. Not some lady in waiting...but a knight in bronze played armor. Arwen has been acting strangely...I do not know why her behavior has suddenly changed. Please come by Rivendell. I miss you dearly Mellon. Keep laughing.

Love,

Ariana daughter of Elrond.

Tears fill my eyes, as I read over the letter. It had been so long since I wrote that. I read it over and over again.

" Hey." Legolas whispers." What is wrong?" He looks over my shoulder and reaches out for the journal.
" May I?"

I nod my head and hand the journal over to him. He flips to the page of the letter, and reads the letter.

A sad look appears on his face. He turns towards me and says, " So that is why you never could come to Mirkwood.

I nod my head, and a tear rolls down my cheek. Legolas wraps his arms around my shoulder, and holds me as I cry.

" Shhhhhh....it will be alright. We are here together. Your letter has gotten to its intended receiver. " He strokes my hair, and I cry softly.

" You don't understand," I say quietly. " My father wiped my memory of you. That is why I don't remember writing this letter, and I did not remember telling you to keep laughing."

" So you do have amnesia." A new voice says quietly.