Chapter nine

We headed off in silence. That is, me, Gimli, Legolas,Aragorn, and Boromir. Pippin, Frodo, Merry,and Sam were happily talking, making funny jokes. Gandalf is in front, on Shadowfax. Legolas is behind me. I can feel his stare in my back, and I turn around. " What?!" I whisper shout. He smirks. He does not speak, but continues to smile. " Legolas, if you don't tell me why you are staring, I will break your nose."
Legolas stops his horse, and hops off. " I was just thinking about you...maid with attitude." Huh?
" What are you talking about?" I ask. His face turns from amused to sad.
" You don't remember?"
" No!i don't have any idea what you are talking about!"
" Oh." He gets back on his horse. " I just thought you would remember." He then kicks his horses sides, and they take off ahead of me. He gets ahead of Gandalf. I nudge my horse to go faster. Once I'm right behind him, I stand up on my horse's back, and reach out and tap Legolas on the shoulder.
" Are you just going to ignore me?is that the Legolas i once knew?" He turns to see me standing, and gasps.
" The Ariana I once knew, told me to never stop my humor. Is this the Ariana I knew? I'm sorry Ariana, but I don't know if this friendship can ever last. "
" Legolas I - "
" You don't need to apologize. It may have worked out before, but that was two years ago. If your father changed you so much, you still would have at least wanted to remember me. "
" Fine then. If this was our friendship, I would have ended it two years ago! You can't be a good Mellon. I don't even know how I put up with you!" I spat. Then I turn my horse around, and head towards the back. My heart aches. I didn't mean those words. He was my best friend. I know he probably doesn't know that, but I wish I could tell him . If only I hadn't talked back. Maybe we would still be friends. Legolas has his back turned. His shoulders look slumped. I can tell he is down.

It is soon staring to become nightfall. The sun is glowing orange and pink.
Gandalf turned around and says, " we stop for the night! Look, our hobbits are even about to fall asleep." his eyes sparkle with amusement. Everyone jumps off their horses. Pippin and Merry both roll off, and fall to the ground, sound asleep. I laugh lightly. I pick both of them up, and carry them. We head towards a cave, with a nearby stream. I lay their sleeping bodies on the cave floor. I tuck a blanket around their sleeping frames, and smile. They look so happy, even when they are sleeping. I lie down in the corner of the cave. I pull a blanket from my bag, and cover it over me. I lie, thinking, about how I can win my Mellon back. But, it's never going to happen. Legolas will never forgive me. I sigh, and go to sleep.
+++++++++
" you are despicable. How can anyone love you?! They will soon find out about you. The real monster you are!" A Orc speaks in my sleep tonight. All of a sudden, it turns into Arwen.
" Ariana, you are the worst sister ever! How could you leave me?!i thought you loved me." She steps close to me, and draws a blade. Then the figure turns into Legolas.
"Ariana, know one loves you. You are a horrible creature. You disgrace our kin. How can anyone love you?" He takes the blade from Arwen, and presses it to my neck. Then the man from the Mirkwood ball.
" Even though I was drunk then, I am not drunk now. I hate you. How could I have ever thought about dancing with you. See alchohol makes you look nicer, and much more pretty. I'm never going to drink again. You make all women seem bad now. " He starts to press the knife against my skin. Harder, and harder. Then beads of blood comes out of my neck. A warg appears, and pounces at me. I see black, before it kills me.
++++++++++++++
I gasp, and wake up. Sweat covers my body. I get up. The cool midnight breeze blows in my face. I decide to go on a walk. I walk all the way to the stream. I sit near the stream, and sigh. This was just a dream. Legolas wouldn't harm me. Even if we aren't the greatest of friends. A tear slides down my face. I was so stubborn. Why couldn't I be a normal Elleth. I sniffle, and wipe my face.
" Ariana, why are you crying?" Legolas's voice comes from above. He's sitting in the trees. Watching me. He jumps down, and lands quietly next to me.
" Legolas, I just had a nightmare. Besides, what are you doing here?"
" It's my shift to guard. Aragorn takes next shift"
" Legolas, are you mad at me?"
" Ariana, I wouldn't say mad. I'm hurt. I missed you in the years we couldn't see each other."
" Legolas, you are my best friend. I didn't mean those words earlier. Please forgive me. "
" Forgiven. now tell me about your nightmare."
" Not now. It's to scary. I will tell you tomorrow. "
" Goodnight Mellon. I'll see you in the morning. "
" Goodnight Legolas. Stay safe." Then I fall asleep, back in my spot.