Chapter fifteen

I wake up, on my horse. Legolas is riding, not looking tiered at all. It is still night. The stars are shining bright, but not as bright now. His eyes bore holes into Frodo's back.

" Hey," I say." Are you tiered?"

" Nope. Just because I haven't slept, doesn't mean I'm tiered. We are almost near the mines of Moria."

Gandalf stops abruptly. " We are here."

The mines are huge. Grey stone is chiseled, to look like a king. We get off the horses, and head towards the mines.

Gandalf beckons us. " Speak friend and enter? Does anybody know the elvish word for friend?"

I look at Gandalf. " Mellon. The answer is Mellon."

Gandalf repeats these words, and the door to the entrance of the mine, opens. A tunnel leads onwards.

" Well, what are we waiting for?lets go!" I say, stepping in.
The tunnels are narrow, and I feel for the walls, because I cannot see. Gandalf leads the way, with his staff lit. A white glow illuminates the halls. I still cannot see, and I tumble into Legolas. His fast reflexes kick in, and he grips me by my shoulders.

" Are you okay? You look nervous." Legolas's eyes show some concern in them.

" I just couldn't see, and I'm tiered. But it's okay. I can live with a little sleepiness."

" Okay, then let's go. I have a bad feeling about this place. It smells terrible. Like monsters. And filth. "

We walk together down the corridor, silently. All of a sudden, I stumble over an object. When I regain my balance, I look down to see a dead body. It's a dwarf body. I gasp. Bile rises in my throat, and I gulp.

" Legolas, what- ?" I gasp. Legolas is standing with his bow drawn, pointing to the corridor.

"Something horrible is lurking these corridors. More than one. " He shakes a little. I touch his shoulder lightly.

" It will be okay. I promise. We will fight through this...together."

A rumbling starts shaking the mines.

" MOUNTAIN TROLL!" Aragorn yells. Then a foul ugly creature comes charging towards us. It throws punches at Legolas and me. Legolas ducks at the same time as I. I manage to grab it's arm, and swing myself onto its back. It starts trying to hit me with its club. Legolas busily shoots arrows at the creature, but it is no use. The club hits me on my nose. Pain shoots through my nose, and the troll takes this as my weakness. I tumble off, and hit my head on the stone wall. Then everything goes black.