eight

"Here's your schedule, and your assignment book to write your homework down. I'll call for a student to come show you around. Don't worry about classes for today." Mrs. Connor smiled. She smiles a lot...

I kind of zoned out as she dialed the phone and called for someone to come to the office. Not five minutes later, a tall blonde boy walked into the office, looking rather nervous.

"Uh, Mrs. Connor, you wanted to see me?" He asked, terrified of what she might want.

"Relax, you're not in trouble. Grace, this is Niall. Niall, Grace." She introduced us. As she was talking, I took a good look at the handsome boy in front of me. Sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, dyed blonde hair with the brown roots mostly grown out. But what stood out to me was his eyes. Man, his eyes were the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

"... so that you can see the different clubs and sports teams. Does that sound like a plan?" Mrs. Connor finished. Realizing I hadn't been paying attenetion at all, I just nodded and smiled. She then held the door open for Niall and I, and we got started with our tour.

"So, America, huh?" He asked, one eyebrow raised in curiosity. I only nodded unable to produce actual words and communicate like a normal person.

Damn him for being so attractive...

"I won't bite, you know. Well, I take that back. I did bite Alex, but that was one time, and he stole my cookie." He rambled. I just laughed, picturing Niall biting some poor kid's finger for something so miniscule.

~~~~~

After walking around, finding where each of my classes were, and getting to know each other quite well, we started talking about the few clubs that Maven Run had to offer. It was the typical pickings: Drama, Spanish, French, Mathematics, Art, and Science. I made a mental note to look into Drama Club, acting being one of the few things I like and am actually decent at. All of a sudden, Niall got really excited, jumping around like a child.

"Oh my gosh, this is the best part of the tour!" He exclaimed, a huge smile stretched over his face. I looked at him questioningly, wondering what was so amazing about it. He stopped, giving me a 'duh' look, as if I'm supposed to know.

"Sports, duh." He said in a sassy tone, popping one knee out with a hand on his hip. I just laughed as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the doors that lead to the sports fields. When we got outside, my heart skipped a beat. All of the fields were an even green, and neatly manicured. The track. Oh man, it was awesome. I probably sound crazy, but I don't even care. It was newly painted, and it was just calling my name.

After snapping out of my trance, I turned to Niall. "So, I'm guessing by your excitement, you play a sport here?" I questioned. He turned and looked at me, his eyes lit up, a smile on his face.

"Yep! I'm on the Varsity Track team. You're looking at one of the fastest guys at Maven Run, actually." He said proudly, puffing out his chest as if he was some hero.

"No way! I was one of the fastest girls on my old school's track team!" I said, shocked that he ran too.

"Well, tryouts are after school today. You are trying out, right?" He asked. I just nodded in response, suddenly nervous about tryouts. I guess he Niall noticed my uneasiness, as a look of concern crossed his face.

"Hey, what's wrong? You looked really worried all of a sudden." He said worriedly.

"Nothing," I sighed, "I'm just nervous about tryouts. What if I don't make it? What if I trip and fall? What if-" He cut me off by placing his hand over my mouth.

"What's your best time in the mile?" He said, ignoring my previous rambling. He removed his hand, looking at me expectantly.

"Uh... about 5:39 ish." I said, trying to recall the last time i raced.

"Seriously, Grace?! That's faster than all but two girls on our team. I'm sure you'll make the team instantly." He assured me. I looked at him skeptically, my nerves subsiding slightly.

"Grace, I'm serious. You don't have a reason to be nervous. You'll do great, I'm sure." He said calmly, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Promise?" I asked, still slightly unsure. He rolled his eyes in a joking manner.

"I promise. Now let's get to the locker rooms before everyone crowds it." He exclaimed, and we were off again to get ready for tryouts.

Here goes nothing.

__________________

guys im sosososo sorry for not updating in forever i kinda lost inspiration but i think im back (for now at least) so yeah thats good

thanks for reading <3