two

About halfway through the third Paranormal Activity, I got a phone call.

"Hang on, pause it. My mom's calling me." I said to Cara as I answered the phone. Before I even had the chance to say hello, I could hear my mom shouting on the other line.

"Mom? Mom what's going on? Are you okay?" I asked, getting worried.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Come home as soon as you can, though. Your dad got great news today! We need to tell you! Hurry!" She rushed.

"Okay, I'll be there in ten." I said, only to be interrupted by a click on the other end, signifying she had hung up.

"What was that all about?" Cara asked.

"Mom needs me home right now, something about 'great news', I don't know." I sighed. Cara looked at me with her signature pouty face.

"But Graaaace, we're in the middle of movie night." She begged.

"Tomorrow?" I asked, hoping she'd agree so I could get home.

"Ugh, fine. See you later, loser." She laughed.

"Bye bye!" I sang as I threw my shoes on and ran out of the door.

~~~~~

"Mom, I'm home! Now tell me what was so important that you interrupted Cara and I's movie night?" I yelled.

"Oh, it's important! We're in the living room!" My dad shouted back. Confused, I walked to the next room, seeing my parents sitting on the couch.

"Uh, what's going on?" I asked warily, not sure if I really wanted to know.

"Well, sweetie, your dad was offered a new job. A better paying one." My mom said.

"Wow dad! That's awesome!" I said.

"But," he interrupted, "if I take the job, we have to move."

My face immediately fell. If we moved, I wouldn't go to the same high school. But I would still be able to meet up with my friends, at least.

"Well, I don't think you should let that stop you from taking this opportunity. You know I can make new friends, and I can still hang out with my original friends on the weekends." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"See sweetie, that's the thing: you wouldn't be able to meet up with your friends on the weekend. We'll be too far away." My mom explained.

"Oh so we're moving out of state, then?" I asked, suddenly confused.

"Ha, you wish, try out of country, sis. Hope you like Ireland." My brother said as he walked by towards the kitchen.

"Wait, he's joking, right? Mom, dad, please tell me Kyle is trying to be funny." I pleaded, terrified to hear the truth. I turned back around to my parents to see huge smiles on both of their faces.

"We're moving to Ireland!"