four

FOUR HAHA 1DAF ok continue.

_____________

As I walked into the prison, or as many refer to it, school, I swept the area for any signs or Cara. I found her sitting with a few other girls from the swim team, and I quickly walked towards the group.

"Hey, Cara, can I talk to you real quick?" I asked, getting more and more nervous by the second. I guess she could sense something was wrong, as she excused herself from the group and gave me a worried look.

"Grace, what's wrong? I'm your best friend, we're always by each other's side, no matter what. You can tell me anything." She comforted. Oh, the irony.

"Well, you know how I had to cut movie night short and go home because my mom had great news?" I started, still unsure of how this was going to go. She just nodded her head, still confused as to what I was trying to say.

"Well, I got home and my parents were acting all weird. And it just so happens that I'm moving." I said all in one breath. She didn't look affected by it, though, just like I had been at first.

"Well, if your out of the state, we can still call and skype, and meet up on break and during the summer. I don't know why you're so bummed out. I mean, yeah I'll miss you, but it's not like you're moving across the country to California." She laughed. I only responded with and uneasy laugh, not sure how to tell her I was actually moving across an entire ocean. Bluntly, that's how.

"Yeah, I'm not moving across the country, I'm moving across an ocean." I said, closing my eyes.

I opened them a few seconds later to see Cara staring at me in disbelief, her mouth hung open. Then, she started laughing.

"That's funny, Grace. Hilarious, even." She said. I just shook my head.

"Cara, I'm serious. I'm moving to Europe in two months. Today is my last day at school." I sighed.

"But Grace, you can't just leave me here! What happened to always be together, forever?" She begged, tears welling up in her eyes.

"We will be together forever, just not physically. You will always be my best friend." I reassured.

"How do I know that you won't replace me with a leprechaun?" She half laughed, half cried. By this point, we both had tears running down our faces, but luckily we both wore our waterproof mascara.

"Nah, they're too short. I like my best friends tall and blonde." I smiled.

"Alright, we still have two months together, let's not die yet, Romeo." She laughed.

"No, we discussed this yesterday. You play Romeo and I play Juliet! Stick to the plan, Cara!" I argued.

She just laughed, shrugging her shoulders. "Whatever you say... Romeo."