six

That night, after we almost got caught for trespassing, we were back at my house, hanging out. Or as it would have seemed to anyone else, eating all of the food in my fridge and laughing at nothing and everything.

~~~~~

Today was the day. Today, I was going to board a plane to a new country halfway across the world.

As my parents, brother, and I stood near our gate, having hours before they started boarding, I heard someone shouting my name.

"Grace! Hey, Grace! Grace!" He shouted running at a full sprit towards me. I just laughed, watching my two best friends running like maniacs through the crowed airport.

"Louis, Cara, what are you doing?" I laughed. Once they regained their breath and could form a proper sentence, they started explaining how they practically pushed a man in a business suit down the up escalator.

"You guys need to calm down, before you get kicked out of the airport!" I laughed. They just rolled their eyes in a playful manner, and sat down next to me as I waited for them to call my flight over the speakers.

About an hour later, I heard the monotonous voice come over the speakers, calling my flight.

"Flight 237 to Dublin is now boarding first class passengers. Flight 237 to Dublin is now boarding first class passengers." the lady said.

I looked at my friends, who had the saddest look on their faces. Cara was already crying, and I could tell Louis was trying really hard not to.

"When are you coming back home, again?" Cara asked, sniffling and wiping her makeup-smudged eyes.

"This summer. It won't be too long, and before you know it, I'll be visiting you and bugging you like normal." I reassured, trying not to cry. It wasn't working.

Cara pulled me in for a hug, practically squeezing all of the air from my lungs. "I swear, if you forget about me and Lou I will personally come to Ireland and smack you across the face."

I just laughed, knowing she was completely serious. "I couldn't forget about you two, even if I wanted to."

They both smiled, pulling me in for a group hug, all three of us now crying.

"This is the last call for flight 237 to Dublin. Last call for flight 237 to Dublin." the monotonous lady reminded. I pulled away from the hug and gave my two best friends a sad smile and turned to head towards the gate with my parents. Right before I lost sight of them, I turned around and waved to Louis and Cara one last time before I headed across the ocean.

It was really happening. I was moving to Ireland. I was leaving everything and everyone I knew for a new country across an entire ocean.

That was a minuscule idea compared to everything that happened to me.