Chapter 5: Journal

Friday, May 23

This entry will be unlike the others. I apprehended no criminals worth noting tonight, but I don't want to forget what happened.

Something primal has taken over me. I always felt different with the mask on, but still myself. If a more perceptive and driven self, while being less refined. But tonight was different in a way that both scares and excites me.

It didn't take me long, once meeting her, to break down and seek the comfort of her body. More specifically, the way her body responded to my touch. But that was during the day, in my bedroom, where I was Bruce Wayne, a public figure.

Tonight, as soon as the mask came on, all I could think about was watching her, and not in an entirely innocent manner. I do want to keep her safe, though. Desperately. It wasn't until she left her home in the foggy night, half dressed, that I really succumbed to the urge.

The urge to stalk. To intimidate. To take. I wanted- no- needed to take her for my own.

But now the sun is coming up, and I see things more clearly- my lack of protection the main concern here. If she had asked, I could not have presented a condom. I would have left. I was not there to fuck her unceremoniously against a brick wall. I was there to watch. And to make her know that she's being watched.

But then she smiled when she realized who was frightening her. And I was a goner.

The idea of living this double life with her both excites and exhausts me. But I have a city to protect. I cannot spend every night watching her through her windows, though I suspect she might like it if I did.

It was only one night, so I don't want to get ahead of myself and start making any sort of plan, but the mask on the desk beside me looks foreboding, where it was previously a reflection of my true self. Bruce Wayne is what people say he is. But Vengeance is me- living outside expectation or speculation.

Thoughts of her moans plague me, as does the sight of her eyes wide with terror...

I should stay away from her for a while, lest I wake the beast again.