* It also allows them to change their hairstyle/facial hair

     * While anyone can learn the spell, some choose not to use it

     * The spell is cast by crossing your middle finger over your index finger and saying "skifte" to become the opposite sex to what you were assigned at birth, and then crossing your index finger over your middle finger and repeating the word to go back to your assigned sex

History

Runa is the only child of the previous King and Queen of New Asgard. From a young age, she knew she was destined to be a Queen instead of a King and made short work of informing her family and friends of her change. Due to complications at her birth, Runa's mother was unable to have any more children. But that didn't stop Runa from deciding that Heimdall was her little brother when she first laid eyes on him.

Since one of Heimdall's mothers was the personal assistant to her mother, Runa spent a lot of time with him as he was growing up. She liked having someone she could take care of, play with, and teach things to and Heimdall always seemed to enjoy being with the Princess. As the two got older their bond never broke and Runa would always be there for her little brother, whether to help him or to tease him.

Runa met her future wife Eir at one of the New Asgard Royal balls. It was her first ball after her physical sex change so not many people recognized her right away. Since Eir is from Vanaheim, a continent of New Asgard, she had an even harder time recognizing the Crown Princess. The two ended up talking after Eir had accidentally crashed into Runa, spilling her drink on the Princess's ball gown.

Runa didn't care about the dress and was more interested in getting to know the pretty redhead she just met. The two ended up sending most of the ball out in the royal gardens talking about anything and everything. It wasn't until Runa's father called her in for the goodbye speech that Eir realized she'd been talking to the Princess of New Asgard.

The two kept in touch and love soon blossomed for the couple. After years of dating, Runa proposed to Eir and the two were wed on a beautiful sunny day in the fields of Vanaheim surrounded by friends and family. A few years after getting married, Eir gave birth to their first son Magnus and five years later they had Tómus. Both of their sons were naturally conceived as Runa reversed the gender swap spell long enough for the conception to occur.

Runa officially became Queen of New Asgard when she was 49 after her mother became ill with a disease similar to human cancer. Her father decided to give up the crown to better care for his wife and Runa took over in their place with Eir at her side. Her mother would, unfortunately, pass away after years of battling her disease and while Runa misses her dearly, she is thankful that her mother is no longer in constant pain.

Events of Criminal Case

Season 2

Like the rest of her family, Runa came to Pacific Bay to attend Adalet and Fili's wedding. She scolded Aslan and Heimdall for coming to see their daughter early as she knew they would immediately cry upon seeing their baby all grown up. She was right and enjoyed saying "I told you so" throughout the night.

Story Information

First appeared: Tying the Knot

Trivia

* When Runa told her parents that she was a girl, her mother immediately found some of her old dresses from when she was little and loved helping to make her daughter feel pretty

* She always feels embarrassed when people bow to her, she finds the act respectful but doesn't like that people think they need to bow or curtsy before they can talk to her

     * Heimdall, being the annoying little brother he can be, bows simply because it annoys her. He calls it his sibling right while Runa vows to get him back in revenge

* She is very protective of her family. When Aslan first started dating Heimdall, Runa watched the man like a hawk and threatened that if he ever hurt her brother, she would make him regret it. She only seriously backed off once the two were engaged

     * She'll never tell him, but Runa would give her life to protect Aslan just as she would for anyone else in her family. He makes Heimdall happy and she'll do whatever she can to protect his happiness

          * But don't tell either of them that she said that!

* Aslan tried bonding with her by saying they could be bi-ddies! (bi buddies). Runa's brain essentially blue screened not knowing how to respond

     *Secretly she found the idea funny but didn't want to inflate the man's ego

     * Aslan got them matching bisexual flag-coloured friendship bracelets. Each still has their bracelet