One of his favourite memories is when his father Oberon got the two of them matching kangaroo onesies. They pretended to be kangaroos for what felt like hours, jumping around the house, being carried around by his dad... He also remembers Nathan coming home to him and Oberon playing, muttering something that sounded like "I want a devoice" but Avi didn't know what that meant other than that it must have been a funny grown-up joke because Oberon laughs before kissing Nathan, replying "you're stuck with me".

His other favourite memory from before moving to Grimsborough is when he and Nathan tried to make a cake for Oberon for his birthday. The keyword being tried. The two ended up covered in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and other random ingredients. Somehow they managed to bake the cake and decorate it with messy frosting, sprinkles, and stick a few candles in it before Oberon got home from work. Oberon declared it to be the best cake he ever had (though he never told his boys that there were eggshells in the cake).

After moving to Grimsborough, Avi asked Nathan why they weren't moving to Australia anymore. He remembered his dads telling him that they would be moving there after Oberon and Nathan had finished their work in Concordia. Nathan had to explain to Avi that they wouldn't be moving to Australia, at least not for a while because of his work and because Oberon was gone. Avi was too young to understand what it meant for his dad to be dead beyond the fact that Oberon wouldn't be coming home and had to go somewhere far, far away.

Despite the fact that he wouldn't be moving to Australia anytime soon, Avi quickly fell in love with Grimsborough and his father's new teammates. Ramirez always tells the best stories and his wife makes amazing snacks. Grace teaches him the coolest science experiments that he plans to one day use at his school's science fair. Alex has the best video games to play and even got Avi a pair of headphones to wear like the tech expert's own pair. Jones taught Avi how to play all kinds of sports and told the boy he could join the local Scouts when he was old enough. Lastly, Chief King was always willing to help Avi when the boy needed it, whether it be with homework or tying his shoes, the Chief of Police could do everything according to the little boy.

Events of Criminal Case

Season 1

Avie made his first appearance in Good Cop Dead Cop when Adalet brought a piece of evidence for Alex to analyze. He and the tech expert were playing Mario Kart (Avi won) and it was revealed that he was Nathan's son. Avi quickly fell in love with Hunter, Adalet's dog, and also liked his Uncle Jones's new partner.

Avi continued to make appearances throughout Grimsborough, often appearing alongside Nathan as his father gave his reports. He would also appear to assist Alex from time to time.

In The Ways of Death, he became a suspect in Noah Smith's murder after Jones and Adalet found a picture the victim had given him of Nathan pre-transition. Later in the investigation, Avi was targeted by the killer and given the same poison ice cream that Noah had been given. Luckily, after the killer was arrested, Adalet and Fili managed to find the antidote and save the boy's life.

Avi was present for the going away party for Adalet alongside his father and the rest of the team and their families.

Season 2

Avi made a minor appearance in Delta Protocol when Nathan was in the hospital. Jones was watching the boy and brought him to the cafeteria for food so that the coroner could be interviewed.

Avi made another appearance at Adalet and Fili's wedding where he got to be the flower boy. He was happy to be a part of the ceremony and enjoyed throwing flower petals around before joining his grandfather Léon in the audience to watch his honorary aunt and uncle get married. He also got to meet their son Ahmet and happily welcomed the older boy to the family.

Season 3

Avi returned during United In Ashes. He, Nathan and Léon were visiting Australia as Avi had been begging to go there for years. He wasn't around for much of the case besides a minor cameo, but during the additional investigation, he, his father and grandfather rushed to the Bureau's airplane after Nathan and Adalet were attacked by a mind-controlled Fili. While on the plane, Avi was reunited with his "dead" father, Oberon. Avi might not have understood how Oberon was there, but he didn't care; he was just happy to have his dad back.

He was even happier once Fili was saved, and Nathan told him they would stay in Australia for a little longer. Avi loved spending time with his fathers, grandparents, and cousins while they helped Fili recover from SOMBRA's control. Of course, Avi missed Nathan when he had to leave to help the Bureau, but his father promised they would be together again soon.

Following the arrest of the Bureau's mole, Avi couldn't believe his newfound aunt was evil. He didn't understand everything that was happening, but he understood that his family was hurt and angry about what Angela had done. With her gone, the coroner position in the Bureau was opened, and Avi was ecstatic to hear Nathan was taking it along with Oberon becoming the team's co-pilot. The new jobs gave them a reason to leave Australia, and Avi, Oberon, Fili, and Dean met up with the Bureau in Antarctica to rejoin them and the mission to take down SOMBRA.

During the last two districts of Save The World, Avi spent most of his time with Ahmet and Sanjay (and the triplets once the girls returned to the plane). He made minor appearances in some cases but mostly avoided the gruesome work. He also had fun hanging out with the members of the Bureau when they weren't busy, his favourite ones being his Uncle Lars, Dupont, and Starshine. (And, of course, his fathers, but their exceptions!)

When it came time for the Bureau to face off against SOMBRA in their final investigation, Avi was sent away to stay with Aslan and Heimdall, along with Ahmet, Sanjay, and the triplets. The kids hadn't been allowed to watch the broadcast of the Presidant's kidnapping, but Aslan and Heimdall were getting updates from the Bureau and told the kids what was happening. After a day of waiting in worry, the kids were finally told that SOMBRA was defeated!

Avi and the others returned to the plane once it was safe for them to be there, and they imminently hugged their parents. Later, he attended the UN award ceremony with the Bureau and afterwards said goodbye to Dupont. Avi was sad that the historian died. Dupont could bore people to sleep with his rambling, but he knew the most interesting facts, and Avi enjoyed learning about the world's history from him.

Once it was announced that the Bureau was being disbanded, Avi was disappointed that he wouldn't get to live on the plane with the team anymore. But he knows this goodbye won't last forever and that he'll see the team again, especially his uncle and cousins! Meanwhile, he and his fathers will be returning to Grimsborough, where they'll figure out the next chapter of their lives. And no matter where their next adventure takes them, Avi will be happy wherever he goes as long as he has his family with him.

Story Information

First appeared: Good Cop Dead Cop

Trivia

* Nathan chose Avi's first name while Oberon picked their son's middle name. Oberon wanted to name him after a character from A Midsummer Night's Dream like his own namesake, but his husband disagreed with the choice "Puck". Eventually, they settled on Robin after both Robin Goodfellow and Robin Starveling from the above-named play

     * His first name comes from his great-grandfather, Kavi Pandit. The elderly man cried when he learned the child had been named after him. Though the man will never admit to it (Nathan has a picture to prove it, but he'll never tell his grandfather that fact)

* Avi is Hunter's (Adalet's dog) second favourite human, seconded only to Adalet herself. But its a close second

* Like Alex Turner, he has ADHD and doesn't like to sit still for very long. It's one of the reasons why the two get along so well, Alex loves teaching someone all the tips and tricks he's learned for living with ADHD

* His favourite holiday is Halloween, he loves dressing up and going trick or treating for candy around Grimsborough