"Hey that's mine! There are so many others on the tray," Hanna reached out but he swallowed it down before she could grab it back. 

"I know but yours is always tastier," He smiled at her cheekily making her cheeks warm. 

"Edward, behave. And take your own cookie next time," His mother warned with a smile on her face. "You two should hurry on or you'll be late for dinner with your friends. Hanna, take some cookies for them."

Hanna hugged the Tupperware to her chest, the warmth from the freshly baked cookies seeping through felt like a comfort hug. Edward took her hand in his and she felt small tingles of excitement spread across her skin. 

She always felt this way with him, it was amazing that she had never noticed him before and now she couldn't get enough of him. She loved his lame jokes, his laughter, his smile and the way he looked at her through those thick rimmed glasses. 

They sat in his mother's car and he started the engine. 

"Hanna, did I mention that you look beautiful today? Red is definitely your color." 

Hanna leaned against her seat and smiled at him fondly. "You said that the day before yesterday when I was in blue." 

"Damn, why do you have to look good in everything!" His complaint was met with her laughter as she hit him lightly on his arm. 

"Edward Delgado, you are a nut sometimes but I'm crazy about you," She admitted and he stopped the car. "Edward! We are in the middle of the road." 

He leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips, just before someone honked at them from behind. "My queen, I'm the lucky one here. I'm seriously the luckiest guy in school."

"Shut up, your so cheesy." Hanna hit his arm again. 

"Is everyone there already?" Edward asked and Hanna pulled out her phone to call Nalini. 

"Hey Hanna, just left the detention centre. Heading to the restaurant now." Nalini's voice crackled through the phone. 

"You visited her again?" Hanna asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, I'll see you guys soon, okay." She hung up before Hanna could ask more and she looked at Edward who was just as perplexed as her. 

***

Nalini almost nodded off to sleep before her name was called and she got up abruptly earning a look from the gruff looking woman beside her. 

She hurried to the security check point and handed in her belongings. She then walked through the scanner and held her breath while the tall security officer checked her entire body. 

She'd already been through this a few times and but somehow she never got used to it. 

"You're good to go," The woman said and she was led through a set of doors to the visiting room with it's bland tables that stretched from the entrance to the other end of the room. There was a panel of reinforced glass separating one side of the room from the other and half of the room was already occupied with visitors. 

They held the connecting phones to their ears as they spoke to the inmates on the other side of the room. 

The tall man pointed to the seat meant for her and Nalini rushed away, not wanting to annoy the grumpy looking officer. 

She took a seat and her fingers tapped on the smooth metal table as she waited for the door to the other side to open. 

A few seconds passed by and she started to feel a whirlwind of panic as she wondered if she wouldn't show today.