𝔁𝔁𝓲𝓲𝓲

↳ 𝓕𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓼

❝You're my serendipity,❞ Meena whispers, feathery-soft, while he analyses the flecks of gold in the almost-black of Kenji's eyes

The supple apples of his cheeks were blush-kissed, even though he didn't understand the meaning of the word. The way Meena breathed out the word was almost harp-like, beautiful and angelic.

❝What?❞ he wonders aloud.

Meena tucked a loose strand of vanilla-blonde behind Kenji's left ear colored strawberry. ❝It means a happy, coincidence. I wasn't looking for anyone, but I found you, anyway.❞ The words were cheesy, he had to admit, but true.

A ghost of a smile haunts his lips. ❝Aw, um, thank, you.❞

Beneath the aegis of the thin branches of the weeping willow, Meena leaned back on his elbows, embraced by a patch of sweet-smelling, columbines and his eyelashes were fanned behind whiskey-colored eyes — courtesy of the sun. Meena hums in reply, matching the breath of the wind. The murky, blue current splashed against the bank of the creek, overgrown with patches of grass.

Kenji rumaged through the small, wicker-lined basket to pick out the mix of raspberries and blackberries in the Tupperware container.

Kenji packed containers filled with different kinds of cut-up fruit — strawberries and pineapples; watermelon and oranges — for a snack he found at Meena's apartment.

Meena had flat-out refused to let him spend the rest of his belated birthday cooped up in his bedroom sketching. Apparently, they just had to have a picnic on the edge of the creek before he took him home.

The purple hue from the blackberries smeared his lips in small smudges, and the taste of the contrasting textures of the berries satisfied his pang of hunger.

The canopy of leaves — damp from the earlier rainfall — swayed overhead, choreographed to a soft music box playing the voice of the breeze, and the clouds blended into the pale-blue sky shifted like a kaleidoscope.

Kenji smiled at the beautiful scenery. The fact Meena lived in Portland would definitely be a plus to dating him in the winter months. Most of Maine was insane in the winter.

🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍

❝Blow out your candles, honeybee,❞ Avery says gently, a champagne flute filled with strawberry-lemonade in his hand.

Turns out, Meena had reasoning behind the detour to the creek. Kenji wasn't able to reduce the thump of his heartbeat since ❛surprise!❜ was shouted by various voices.

Kenji's breath buried the flames of the candles, leaving white swirls of smoke in the aftermath.
❝Don't kill me,❞ Kenji whispers softly.

❝What?❞