𝓲𝔁

↳ 𝓕𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓼

Kenji breathed in the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon wafting from the pumpkin spice latte - layered with whipped cream - that warms Juno's palms

As he tasted the hot chocolate in his faded, lime-green mug with patches of white paint dotting the canvas of green - almost as if the blobs of white were hand-drawn polka dots by Juno's father, Ezra - Kenji watched the flames rising like a phoenix from ashes.

Distantly, Samir babbled on about someone he'd been seeing - but gave away few details. He had only described faded-pink hair and silver jewelry.

Though Juno held onto every word - as he often did when anyone talked - Kenji cared little about the words tapping his eardrums. Where Juno remembered every conversation he takes part in, Kenji vaguely remembers bits and pieces.

Weakly, Kenji thrums his fingernails - painted blush - against the side of his hot cocoa mug he sat on the small table beside him.

❝So what's up with you, Kenji?❞ Samir asks, sipping his chai. He swears on herbal tea. He says they really improve his memory - though Kenji doubts he has a failing memory at his age of eighteen.

Tight-lipped, he smiles. ❝Oh, you know. Filling out applications for fashion design schools. I've been putting together sketches for a portfolio.❞

❝Can I see?❞ Samir prompts, smiling sweetly.

From a black, velvet bag, Kenji pulls out a large peach book - the surface smooth and his name carved in messy, gold letters. Languidly, Samir flipped through pages. An array of soft, pastel hues and beautiful, dark shades stain the pages.

Lips curved up, Samir points to Kenji's most recent work. With soft-leaded colored pencils, he had traced the outline of a sky-blue corset attached to a mermaid-like skirt secured at the waist. The skirt, a periwinkle, was adorned with blush and baby-pink sakura petals. ❝I really like this one.❞

Kenji smiled at the compliment, peering through the feathers of his long eyelashes. ❝Thank you. That's one of my favorites.❞

🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍

Fireflies slow danced with the rustling breeze, painting the mauve sky with brushstrokes of golden.

Kenji drew lines in the dirt with the bottom of his dirtied Vans, as he sat in the tire with his hands stuffed in his pockets. The tire swing behind Beau and Athena's house had become Kenji's safe haven, and when Mary Jane wasn't fading the menories of his parents from his mind, he watched the pastel-like colors blend into the darkness - illuminated by the moonlight.

❝Beau said you'd be out here,❞ Kenji hears Kyoko's soft voice carress the air. Seeing as Thanksgiving was a few days ago, Kyoko and her daughter were staying until her mate - Raven - returned from settling a rogue dispute. Being the Alpha of Silver Fangs came with a series of problems. ❝Eventually, Kenji, you'll have to confront their death.❞