𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲

↳ 𝓕𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓼

Eyes heavy with sleep, Meena blindly reached for his phone, the sunlight filtering through the thin curtains of his bedroom splashing his face in shadows

The plethora of messages - mainly from Kenji - made him smile softly. He read each of his messages throughly. He didn't want to skip over a word.

shortcake 🍓🤍: good morning!

shortcake 🍓🤍: did you sleep well?

shortcake 🍓🤍: i hope you did.

shortcake 🍓🤍: i slept well.

shortcake 🍓🤍: i went to bed at eleven because I was fucking exhausted, so I'm so sorry if I fell asleep on you.

shortcake 🍓🤍: mena, come on! wake up! it's almost eleven thirty.

A tattoo of a smile on his face, his fingers jumped across his keyboard.

Good morning, shortcake. I slept alright.

The lie was awful to tell, but he knew Kenji would worry if he told him the truth.

The truth that, he didn't sleep well at all.

Pushing away the guilt he felt at the familiar lie, Meena's fingers returned to the slow-dance along the keys - because his messages were always precise.

I'm glad you slept well. You're fine. I fell asleep shortly after, anyway. I'm up now.

He pictured Kenji practically falling off his bed when he heard the buzzing of his phone. When Meena - or anyone, he presumed - sent him a message, he immediately started typing. Meena couldn't help thinking it was cute.

On cue, Meena noticed the three dots pop up on his screen, and felt his lips curve up, amused.

shortcake 🍓🤍: that's good!

shortcake 🍓🤍: thank you.

shortcake 🍓🤍: that's good too. i didn't want you to be lonely.

shortcake 🍓🤍: i'm up too! isn't that weird?

Meena breathed out a breezy laugh.