𝓿

↳ 𝓕𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓔𝓷𝓭𝓼

▪️Above is Charleigh's aesthetic▫️Kenji poured a generous splash of rum the color of amber into a red, solo cup, as Juno gave him an earful on the choice of music - that was agonizingly slow

Kenji poured a generous splash of rum the color of amber into a red, solo cup, as Juno gave him an earful on the choice of music - that was agonizingly slow. Kenji picked up on every other word Juno said, however, for he could give less of a shit what was playing.

The alcohol in his veins washed his senses in a haze - to the point where he barely heard the music.

Kenji stopped counting how many times he had refilled his cup after the third.

All he heard was the slosh of the rum in his cup, all he saw was the quick movement of Juno's lips, all he smelt was the faint, sugary scent of the liquor on his breath.

❝You weren't even listening to me,❞ Juno voiced flatly, sipping the black coffee he had picked up from the nearby cafè before the gala, ❝sweetheart.❞

❝I was clear about my disinterest. Why would you doubt it?❞ Kenji's painted nails thrummed the surface of the bar. Kenji's elbows - veiled in rolled-up sleeves of ebony silk - rested on the polished, wooden bar top, whilst he nursed his leftover rum.

By now, Kenji was close to smashed - from the six cups of rum-filled to the second line - and he had to rely on Kay to maintain his balance, for his vision was heavily clouded.

🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹🤍🌹

With shaky fingers, Kenji tried to light a cigarette, but his thumb kept slipping. ❝Shit,❞ he cursed. His hands trembled from the ass-freezing air. ❝Can you light, you piece of shit?❞

❝Jesus, Kenji, ❞ groaned Juno, pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation. ❝Why are you talkin' to the cigarette, sweetheart? It's not gonna answer you.❞

❝Screw you, June. I know it's not gonna answer me. I'm not crazy. Fucking hell!❞ Through gritted teeth, Kenji growled at his lighter, which refused to lick the cheap cigarette in a flame.

❝Do you need me to help you light that?❞ Meena held a sleek lighter with a Ace of Spades branding the surface in his palm.

A faint tug pulled at Kenji's heart, but he didn't look up to search for the source, for he was too focused on finally smoking the dammed cigarette. ❝Sure, ❞ Kenji muttered, vaguely recognizing the voice.

❝I'm getting a drink,❞ Juno said. Kenji knew that meant, I'm gonna accidentally bump into a cute guy, then offer to get him a drink as an apology.