Domelo spoke in a calm voice like a doctor with a strong professional spirit. Nabel didn’t like his words, but the doctor’s advice was valuable.

Nabel quickly continued his paperwork in silence.

* * * * * * *

Nesha had been very busy with the preparation of the trial of the Tower. While Nabel tackled the paperwork, he also worked directly in the field.

First, he removed all the suspicious people inside and outside Ronée Palace.

He also caught a maid, who had approached Ronée to take advantage of her poor health, attempting to poison her medicine.

The maid, who did not work at Ronée Palace, soon fell into Nesha’s hands.

After spending some time with him in the basement, the maid was forced to confess.

One touch from Nabel’s hand was enough just to confirm the validity of the confession.

After comparing the maid’s confession with the thoughts Nabel saw, Nesha easily figured out who was behind the plot.

Viscount Hans.

He was trying to revive his declining family by aligning with Duke Lloyd.

“I’m certain of their involvement, but the physical evidence has already been burned.”

Nabel’s response to Nesha’s report was simple.

“Cut the maid’s head off and send it to the Hans Family.”

It was a very simple and definite warning.

After that day, Viscount Hans disappeared into one of the provinces on his own.

And like that, the day of the trial of the Tower arrived.

Fortunately, Ronée’s health had recovered, and the cold disappeared without a trace.

Her complexion was also much better than when she’d first arrived at the Imperial Castle.

“The preparations are complete,” Nesha reported to Nabel.

Nesha had vigilantly searched around the Tower several times because he was worried that there might be some suspicious device.

“The Mages’ Tower has also been cleared.”

The last thing he checked was whether anyone had entered the Tower before the trial began.

To successfully complete the trial of the Tower, anyone claiming to be the owner of a Shinsu had to go in alone and couldn’t receive any outside help.

“Have you been inside the Tower?”

“I checked as much as possible, but there are limitations as the trial is under the jurisdiction of the Tower mages.”

Nesha bowed his head with an awkward expression. It was an unavoidable obstacle.

Nabel nodded and stood up from his desk.

Before the trial of the Tower began, there was somewhere he needed to be.

* * * * * * *

Before the trial of the Tower could take place, a simple procedure had to occur.

A meeting was held between the person claiming to be an owner of a Shinsu and the temple people.

Immediately after that, the trial of the Tower took place.

During the meeting with the people of the temple, a strong mage watched over the owner of a Shinsu and prevented anyone from approaching.

It was only natural that those who were close to the Gods would want to be closer to the owner of a divine beast.