CHAPTER 13

‘Thank you for liking me.’

‘But you and I… … No way.’

These were the words of 17-year-old Ronée. Nabel, of course, had not forgotten those words.

He wanted to steal those exquisite lips.

He had the urge, but he was not allowed, so he kissed her forehead and ran away like a thief that night.

“You and I still can’t be together?” A low voice echoed through the room.

Nabel tilted his head in confusion.

‘Still… can’t we?’

Is it because I’m younger than you? Or is it because I’m no good for you?

If not….

Ronée then spoke.

“There will be a lot of people against it.”

The emperor’s marriage is essential to the country’s development.

Her thoughts flowed like rough waves.

Nabel shook his head.

“I don’t care what those people think.”

‘Because I want you.’

‘If you want me too.’

The gap between the two narrowed.

Nabel looked at her hand on her bed.

‘I will hear the answer the moment I hold that hand.’

Regardless of the emperor, national marriage, or anything like that, her thoughts were pure.

‘Do you want to stay here, by my side?’

‘Or do you want to leave?’

“Your hand…. Can I hold it?”

Still, he dared not read her thoughts at will. He didn’t put his hands on hers, instead, he put it beside hers

His body leaned in more towards Ronée.

He moved as if he wanted to hold her hands but soon stopped and let out a breath.

“If not, if you won’t allow it, tell me.”

‘With these lips.’

His trembling fingers caressed her soft lower lip.

It was such a cautious touch, as if touching the thin ice in a shallow puddle of water that can break with the slightest touch.

“Still, can’t you and I?”

“.… No,” Ronée’s answer was rather impulsively and quick.

Nabel laughed softly. Rather than being late, it was a much more positive answer.

Because he could see that Ronée had the same heart as him, even without holding her hand.

Lovely.

Nabel gently touched Ronée’s wrist. His fingers brushed the inside of her wrist.

As if taking a pulse, he lifted her two fingers and placed them on her wrist, then gently stroked the pulse with his thumb.

Then, he suddenly grabbed her slender wrist.

“… … .”

‘I want to hug you tightly.’

‘I want to engrave my traces all over.’

Dangerous desires engulfed his mind.

But not yet, not yet.

Most of all, she was tired from the long trip. Doctor Domelo said her body was too weak. She couldn’t even eat a meal normally and had to eat just rice.