TWENTY | the preliminaries!

Comincia dall'inizio

"Huh—?!" The Ame-nin questioned before suddenly a blast of chakra threads was being thrown his way and Kabuto flashed right in front of his eyes. Before he could let out another word, a gush of pain waved over him in his chest. The Ame-nin expelled a loud huff out, trying to allow himself to catch his breath before he felt another wave of pain overcome him.

The three genin's watched from behind, Now on the ground surface. [Name]'s face wielded in complete shock as Kabuto overcame the Ame-nin in what looked like an invisible sense. But through the eyes of her Byakugan sh,e could see exactly what was happening, he was using a chakra-infused fist to overcome the Nin. 'Impressive' she thought to herself. A slight smirk was visible on her face as she realized he was probably trying to impress her.

Before she knew it, the Ame-nin had been sent to the ground, counting out defeat as he went to grab for his leg pouch to grab for something. "Take it damnit! This is what you want isn't it..?!" a scroll then rolled out of the pouch, and to the feet of the Yakushi. "Hmm.." Kabuto eyed it, cautiously picking it up as he kept his eye on the Ame. He held the scroll up high, "Is this the one?" he asked the team, [Name] quick to rustle in her satchel to make sure it was the match.  "I must say, Yakushi. You're good." and Kabuto found himself smirking in return, he was slowly winning her over.

Just as planned.

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
Sakura's PERSPECTIVE
Forty-Fourth Training Ground Tower.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯

She stood outside the nurse's office within the tower patiently, a sigh leaving her as she found herself confused with her current circumstances. She couldn't make out what was being said within the room, but wondered what exactly was wrong with Sai, and where was Shin? Maybe he was in the room, and that's why he had been in there for so long, Sakura wasn't sure.

She couldn't exactly put a finger on it but things seemed fuzzy to her, she couldn't connect exactly what meant sense to her at the moment and she hoped it would pass over. The sound of a door slamming close caught the attention of the girl and took her out of her thoughts. Eyeing over to the door that slammed close, her eyes widen upon noticing the people believe. "Sasuke!" she called out. He outwardly ignored her, flinching upon hearing her call out for him but not turning around.

"I—.." she went blank for a moment before noticing the blonde Uzumaki and [H/C] haired girl next. "Naruto..?! [Name]..?!" Both simultaneously looked up at the balcony Sakura stood from, she waved once they noticed her, a smile visible on her. The two waved back at her, before [Name] tapped on Sasuke's shoulder to stop being rude to the Haruno. Reluctantly he broadly waved to her, though by now Sakura had become less interested in his attention. She was just happy to see more of her classmates make it to the tower.

A few seconds later, she heard the door behind her open. Indicating that Sai or the nurse were leaving out the room, without looking over, she felt the presence of Sai next to her. For some reason, she felt her heart skip a slight beat. Sunken almost, like she could feel the emotions that overwhelmed him at that moment. "Sai..?" she called out to the boy. She gulped as a long pause erupted. "Sakura..I have to go now.." he then said with little context, but she felt she understood what he meant.

She looked over at him, saw how he tried to contour himself not to have any emotion again. She knew what he meant, he wasn't leaving for a few days, he was leaving forever. "I'm..sorry.." he mumbled before taking a few steps back, looking over his shoulder as both he and Sakura noticed a tall bulky figure in the distance with a cane in their hand, and half of their face bandaged.

"Sakura..?" another person called out to the pinkette once Sai was out of distance. "What's going on?" [Name] asked to her friend. The girl didn't say a word, she just looked onwards to the girl before suddenly she wailed out in tears and grabbed for the Uchiha-Hyuga. "T-They aren't coming back.."

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
[Name] PERSPECTIVE
Forty-Fourth Training Ground Tower.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯

It was exhausting. Everything about this segment was mentally and physically exhausting. [Name] hoped whatever was next wouldn't put more of a strain on her. From dealing with her own issues to seeing Sakura's breakdown, she wasn't sure how much more she could handle in this segment. She herself didn't know what she wanted to do anymore, something almost nagged at her to not continue.

Leaning over the second-floor balcony, she heard footsteps near. "You don't seem too happy.." came a familiar voice she hadn't heard in a few days now. Looking over, the focused stare the girl held dropped as she looked at Kakashi. "A lot has happened. I don't think I wanna continue. I'm hearing rumors that we're going to have to do One on Ones this round."

"Hm.." hummed out the Hatake, he wasn't quite aware of what happened throughout the trial but he was hoping [Name] would let him in on what happened, he could sense that something was off, particularly with Sasuke. "What...happened.." he wasn't close with the Uchiha-Hyuga, and almost flinched upon being straightforward with the question. [Name] eyed at the man, "You saw it didn't you? It's on his neck. Something— Someone bit him..and I don't think that's just some regular bite.."

[Name] gulped as she recalled most of what happened. "We got attacked several times and within that second one..that's when it happened..Whoever—whatever it was..they've made Sasuke more powerful. I can tell..— He held little mercy when we got ambushed.." eyeing across the other side of the balcony, Sasuke sat on the floor in the corner, twiddling with his hands. The atmosphere of the arena was gloomy and cold. "Kakashi." [Name] fully turned to him, memories flashed in her mind as she remembered what they said. "Whoever that was.., I think they had another purpose of being there..and I think they want me next.."

Before Kakashi could get in another word, a loud bell echoed throughout the arena, and everyone looked straightforward to the podium stand that stood in the arena to the left. The Hatake placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, "I will be investigating the issue with Sasuke..you in the meantime should get some rest.." that seemed to be Kakashi's way of telling the girl to sit out of this match segment. As Kakashi stepped away, [Name] made her way down to the first floor of the arena to line up with her team.

Hiruzen began to scope the crowd, a surprised
looked exhibiting on his face before he spoke. "Well, it's nice to see the number of people who made it." He started, before he went into the details of the next segment, Everyone listened intently. "So before we begin..if there is anyone who wants to sit out of this, you're allowed but please do note if you sit out — you're disqualified from the Chunin's."

[Name] sighed out as she glanced over to Kakashi, she knew in the future she would have another chance, hopefully, then she would be a lot stronger than she was now. Before the Uchiha-Hyuga rose her hand up, someone else did it before her, causing Naruto to dramatically gasp. "I.." Kabuto mumbled out, before stretching in a somewhat mocking way. "Must call it quits..don't think this injury will help.." he patted at his shoulder.

The girl raised her eyebrow in confusion, not realizing he was hurt. Almost missing the moment to step out due to Kabuto's interruption. She abruptly stepped out quietly, causing many stares to turn to her. Shikamaru looked at the girl shockingly. "Huh..wasn't expecting that.." he commented quietly to himself, Sasuke also giving a somewhat surprised looked to his clan member. "[Name]..?" Naruto concerningly called out to the girl as he looked back at her two teammates. "Good luck you two..!"

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

[AUTHORS NOTE] excuse any extra grammatical issues, my editing software was all over the place..