18. "What's wrong with me?"

After a month, everything had settled down nicely everyone adored Harry and Louis especially. Having an Omega in the pack was a very big deal to them and they literally treasured him. Louis had been getting to know the packs pups who warmed up to Lois pretty quickly also. Harry had got to know the soldiers and after realising how good of a fighter Liam is, he put Liam in charge of the soldiers, although he still had to train.

Today, Harry and Louis had plans to go into the woods together, to get away from their duties for a while. They walked through the pack village in human form calmly, and just as they got out of the village, Harry turned into his wolf form. Turning to Louis expectantly, waiting for him to turn.

"Shit." Louis says. Looking pale faced. "O-oh my god!"

What? What's wrong? Harry asked through their bond. They found out a couple of weeks ago when Louis was aimlessly walking through the village that they could talk to each other through their bond no matter how far away they were from each other or who they were with they would be able to talk to each other through thought alone, and only the other half would hear.

"Why- I can't shift Harry!" Louis exclaimed scared for himself.

What do you mean? Why not? Harry asked coming closer to his Omega.

"I mean, I can't bloody change Harold. I can't shift into my wolf a-and I don't know why!" Louis' eyebrows were raised worriedly high and Harry shifted back to his human form to calm down his Omega, wrapping an arm around him.

"Hey, hey, calm down. You're definitely not going to be able to shift if you're panicing too much to think... Deep breathes baby," Harry instructed Louis, breathing calmly himself to show Louis what to do and when Louis copied, Harry kissed the Omega's forehead. "Let's go home, we'll find out why you can't shift together." Harry lead the two back home, to the pack house and took Louis to the second to top floor, sitting the boy on the sofa and making him his favourite tea before sitting with his Omega.

"Do you think we should read the books? See if they say anything about what might be happening to me?" Louis asked quietly and sipped on his tea before resting the cup on his knees which were brought up to his chest when he say down.

"I don't know, they might tell us its something its not... It could be anything." Harry said not really knowing what to do yet, he just wanted his Omega to be calm and safe at the moment. "Do you think you're becoming sick?" Harry asked. "Anything else unusual happen lately?"

"No..." Louis spoke after a moment of thinking. "Nothing terrible." He confirmed.

"Well... I'll check anyway," Harry came closer to Louis. Taking Louis' mug from the Omega's warm hands and putting it on the coffee table before pulling Louis onto his lap, wrapping his arms around his Omega's waist. "I should be able to smell if you're sick or anything..." Harry explained briefly and nuzzled his face into the crook of Louis neck where it meets his shoulder. Harry's breathe hitched and he pulled back to look at Louis.

"What?" The younger boy asked, worried for his own safety.

"Y-you smell different... I don't know what it is but..." Harry nuzzled his face into Louis again and inhaled deeply "Fuck it's good." The Alpha growled the last part and Louis frowned, thinking his heat isn't for another month at least. Louis pulled himself away from Harry this time.

"If I smell different does that mean I'm sick?" Louis asked.

"Usually..." Harry said trying not to be distracted by Louis' smell again. He was a little angry that it was different because Louis was supposed to smell like his Alpha now they're mated, but if the smell is that good, Harry has no problem with it. "Although I think bad smells indicate illness." Harry frowned, confusing himself and not knowing what to say to his Omega.

"What's wrong with me?" Louis frowned.

"Hopefully nothing - I'll go and get the pack's doctor to come and see you." Harry placed Louis on the sofa carefully. "I'll send Zayn up whilst I'm gone. I'll be back in about twenty minutes." Harry informed his Omega then got up kissing Louis' forehead with a quick Love you through bonding and he left.

He came back half an hour later, Louis was lying on the sofa using Zayn as a pillow as Harry came in with the doctor behind him.

"Everything okay?" He asked when he sensed sadness in Louis, he came over crouching beside the sofa looking to Louis.

"He threw up when you left..." Zayn explained.

"It's a good job the medical room doesn't open for another hour then." Harry stroked Louis' hair out of his face. "The doctor can find out what is wrong..."

The doctor set his bag and his hat down bowing to the Alpha and Omega before he came over to Louis as the Omega sat up. "What seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"I- first I couldn't shift into my wolf form... And Harry said I smell different and a-about twenty minutes ago I was sick." Louis bit his lip nervously looking at the doctor.

"Okay, any aches or pains?" The doctor, who was Beta, asked.

"Tummy ache from throwing up..." Louis informed and the doctor nodded, proceeding to look to Harry. "May I?" He asked, asking permission to touch the Omega, having to do so since a Beta shouldn't touch what isn't theirs.

Harry gave a slight nod and the doctor pressed on Louis' stomach, a look of concentration on his face as he inspects the place Louis said he ached. The doctor stood up after nodding and looked to Harry with a small smile.

"What?" Harry asked. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's healthy, fine, come over here..." The doctor instructed and usually Harry wouldn't follow an instruction from anyone as it wasn't very Alpha-like according to Niall but since he was worried for his Omega he did exactly that. The doctor made Harry put his hand on Louis' stomach and told him to concentrate on that area. Harry did just that. His eyes soon widening and pulling away from Louis as he started to tear up.

"W-what?" Louis asked now scared. Harry never cried. Not without a major reason to. Harry hugged his Omega confusing Louis further and he looked to the doctor for him to explain.

"Louis, you're pregnant. And Harry just heard your babies' heartbeat." The doctor smiled.