Chapter 7 - Park and injuries

Last chapter: Later that night, Siva stood at Nathan’s room’s door watching Nathan put away the story books, he got at the kindergarten. “Daddy look, tomorrow we’re going to read this story at school. Me and Bassy chose this story.” Nathan said, showing Siva the book. Siva smiled. The first day of Kindergarten hadn’t been that bad, really!

~~~~~~~~

Sitting in his cabin, instead of going through the files in front of him, Siva found himself swiping through the pictures on his phone and occasionally giggling at Nathan’s pictures. This kid had literally grown a soft spot in his heart. As Nathan kept growing, Siva found it hard to believe that he actually had a kid. And said kid had become his whole world now. If he lost his twin Kumar, then he found a family in Kumar’s son, Nathan.

Coming across a picture of Nathan and Sebastian, Siva found his smile getting bigger. Nathan had been a pretty shy kid. Siva still remembers the first day of kindergarten when Nathan had been so reluctant to even leave his side but finally his kid had made his first friend, Sebastian, an equally shy boy like him. But Siva was glad that at least Nathan had made himself a friend. He had been really worried if Nathan would actually be able to adjust in school but after hearing multiple stories of ‘Bassy and I did this,’ Siva was sure that his kid would do just fine.

Lost in his thoughts, he nearly missed the tug on his jeans. “DADDY” Nathan shouted. “Don’t shout Nath” Siva scolded. “Sowwy” Nathan mumbled. “What’s it?” Siva gently asked, scooping Nathan on his lap. “Park” Nathan said, eyes lighting up. “Alright” Siva said. He had promised Nathan that he would take him to the park for being such a good boy the whole week. Nathan had been so excited that he had even told Sebastian to meet him at the park. Nathan kept pulling onto Siva’s hand until Siva was out of the cabin. “Where’s the fire, huh? What’s the rush for?” Nareesha asked when she saw Nathan trying to get Siva out of the cabin. “Going to the park” Nathan cheered and kept dragging Siva out who was shaking his head fondly.

When they reached the park, Nathan hadn’t lost his enthusiasm still. Siva chuckled seeing how excited the little boy was. Some time ago when he brought the boy to the park, the boy would cling to him and not want to be separated from him but today the boy was already making his way to his friend. “Daddy, look Bassy’s there” Nathan said as he pointed over to Sebastian. “Careful Nath” Siva shouted after Nathan as the boy ran over to Sebastian. Chuckling, Siva made his way to the bench where Sebastian’s mum was sat, Siva remembered her from the kindergarten.

“Hi. I’m Siva, Nathan’s Dad.” Siva said. “Oh hello. I’m Sara. Sebastian’s mum.” The woman said. “Looks like our son are bonding quite well.” Siva said. “It does look like it. Sebastian talks a lot about Nathan. Usually, Bas is a quiet boy. I was worried that he wouldn’t even make friends. But thankfully, he bonded quite well with Nathan.” Sara said. “Nath is exactly just like Sebastian maybe that’s why they bonded so well” Siva chuckled. “If you don’t mind me asking, usually mothers accompany their kids to park and first day of school. So is Nath’s mum…” She trailed off. “Nath is my brother’s son. I adopted him after My brother’s death and Nath’s mum’s death.” Siva said. “I’m sorry.” Sara said. “That’s okay. And what about Sebastian’s father? I never really heard about him.” Siva asked. “We’re divorced.” She said. “Oh” Siva simply said.

Lost in their conversations they nearly missed the sob that came from the playground. Acting on instincts, Siva rose, feet already leading him to Nathan. And sure enough, Nathan was clutching his head, blooding seeping through his fingers. Sebastian, with tear filled eyes was rushing towards Siva. “Nath’s hurt” Sebastian choked out. “It’s okay” Siva said, assuring Sebastian as he let Sara take hold of his son before crouching down in front of Nathan. “Let me see baby” Siva said and removed Nathan’s hands to see a little cut on Nathan’s forehead that would indeed require stitches. “Bassy, what happened? How did Nathan get hurt?” Sara asked her son. “The big boys pushed him. They say we’re babies. We can’t play here” Sebastian sobbed. Siva was about to turn to those boys when Sara spoke up, “I’ll take care of that. You take Nathan to the hospital.” Sara said. Nodding to Sara, Siva scooped Nathan up, smiling at the still scared Sebastian before taking Nathan away quickly.

Siva rushed to the hospital quickly. Still holding Nathan in one arm as he shushed his baby, he was quickly met by a doctor. After quick examination that took much from Nathan who kept whining, the doctor announced that Nathan had to have stitches. It was quite a piece of work to keep Nathan still as he got the stitches. Nathan was still full on sobbing as they finished with the stitches allowing Siva to take his son out of the hospital.

Nathan was still hiccupping when they reached home and he finally calmed down as he found his sippy cup. Picking up his phone at the first ring itself so as not to disturb Nathan who was finally falling asleep, Siva sighed, “Hello?” “Hi Siva, it’s me Sara. How’s Nath?” Sara, Sebastian’s mum asked. “He’s fine. Had to get stitches but he’s okay now. How’s Bassy?” Siva said. “Bassy’s fine. A little scared but fine. I’ve scolded those boys and I don’t think they’ll bother Sebastian or Nathan again. Alright, give Nathan my love. Bye” Sara said. “Bye” Siva replied. Just as he hung up, Nareesha called. “Hey, I’ve been trying your number since long” Nareesha complained. “Yeah, Sebastian’s mum called.” Siva said. “Oh” Nareesha simply replied. “No, she just wanted to know how Nathan is” Siva said. “Why what happened to Nath?” Nareesha asked. “He got pushed at the park. Hurt his forehead. Had some stitches. But he’s fine. He’s actually sleeping.” Siva said. “Take care of him, okay? And should I cancel the meetings for tomorrow?” Nareesha asked. “Oh please” Siva sighed. “I know you very well Siva. You’ll be spoiling him rotten tomorrow.” Nareesha laughed. “Yup, he deserves it” Siva chuckled. “Alright, see you later.” Nareesha said, hanging up the phone.

Siva chuckled to himself as he got off the phone. Nareesha really knew him too well. Rocking Nathan in his arms as the boy whined a little in his sleep, Siva went to put him down. Bending down, he placed a little kiss on Nathan’s forehead. “Daddy loves you baby” Siva whispered.

This boy has become his life now. There’s nothing in this world that he won’t give up for this kid. Because Nathan is his son, no matter what!

A/N

Dedicated to everyone who read/ comment/ votes!

Thank you to those reading.

P.S – Any thoughts on Sebastian and Nathan’s friendship?

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment!

xx Hailey