ℭ2:𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℌ𝔬𝔴 ?

Start from the beginning

Her head dropped as she fidgeted. I tried being polite....but the same bland voice uttered

"It's alright, she needed it more."

Her eyes gleamed brightly as I uttered those words

"Even with your voice... your words betray it with your thoughtfulness and empathy. What I meant to was...You are very nice Kiyotaka"

"It was simply the logical course of action, considering she fell unconscious."

"Weren't you also huffing quite....violently"

My acting might have gotten a bit overboard.

"COME INSIDE RECRUITS!"

"We wouldn't want to be late, let's go inside"

I offered as the more I said, the higher the chance I might say something unnecessary.

=============================================================== 

The next day Keith ordered us "It's Aptitude test time. So listen up, there is no place for you here if you can't perform...fail and be shipped to the fields."

Feilds, so there is another option other than military in this area. Considering the soil here, I can quite certainly say, there is a high likelihood of a famine that may have struck this area. 

So, asking people to work in such fields is simply wasted labour. I walked up to this contraption of sorts called the 3D Maneuver Gear.

This kind of technology cannot be from the same medieval era of my world.I have been biasing myself by relating this situation with a more known one...and that's causing a hindrance. 

I have to realise that this place is nothing like my world...here the time and lifestyle is completely different and can't at all be understood without more data on this matter. 

Those two men again were monitoring this test from the sidelines as I got into the gear. I glanced at the others when I noticed a calm and blank faced girl perfectly balanced in that gear. I can presume that she must be a natural talent. Looking at the other recruits I realised most had different outcomes.

Some like Sasha had an odd stance but managed to stay still while others like Connie were desperately trying to balance themselves with a shivering and unstable gait

I myself was deciding how to perform, while I could do it perfectly and secure a safe place in the regiment....but it would bring unnecessary attention, which will be problematic until I gather more information about this place. 

So I decided to act a bit nervous and wobble back and forth before stabilising myself. 

For stabilising, I centred myself in the gear while adjusting and gently dropping my weight to the belts attached to my legs. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YEAGER? PICK YOUR SCRAWNY ASS  UP."

I turned to the source to find Eren upside down, while everyone mocked him...I noticed something subtle...

The gear.....more specifically the fittings were tampered with.

Whether I told him this fact, is another story entirely....as that would bring more questions that I am not willing to answer.

==========================================================

At sunset, I was all alone while eating in the barracks....no matter the world...I failed to make friends.

Many scrutinised Eren for his poor performance today....something caught my attention.

A man voiced his opinion," Isn't that the boy who said yesterday that he would kill all the titans..." 

The rest of it didn't matter....killing the titans....confirms the theory I made earlier. 

There was also food shortage complaints.....which was quite visible as I drank my watery soup. 

I kept my eyes closed as we went to bed when I kept my ears open to certain things which Eren said

" Bertolt...Reiner....give me some tricks to hang on in it. I heard you two were great at it." 

Bertolt said something to Eren which I made a note of

"You two are from Shiganshina right....You two know how terrifying those titans are."

The blonde hair boy said," When the government forced people to take back the titan territory, I had to do something." 

So titans have gotten hold of one of the places they used to live....now it makes sense. Bertolt after narrating his story said 

"You both are different as you are not like the rest who simply joined to  not be called cowards for working in the fields." 

After that, they left to someplace where following them would raise suspicion. 

As expected the next day Eren successfully did it, even on the broken belt...with the proper technique a bit of force it was possible to momentarily stay stable. And after changing belts, his selection was confirmed. 

....I wonder....what this world will pull me into...will it be the same as in the White room?....

Is anyone better than me in this world?.....If so, I will simply have to overtake them. 

--------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTE-------------------------

Dear Readers, 

Hope  y'all are enjoying it. Kiyo will stay average...for a while

Ships...won't be confirmed until later. 

Leave a vote and comment if yall feel like it and have a great day

Thank you