Here we go

Young Max is walking around his house while snacking on a candy bar. His home wasn't much but, it was home to him. His home had to bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. He hadn't cared too much about how much space he had since he had always preferred to be by himself.

After the walk around his house, he decided to head out and check the forest around him a couple of times. This was a menial task for his as for he would do this all the time. When he walked through the forest, the tree branches seemed to catch the air around it and send the aroma of the forest into his nostrils. He was happy with how his life was. A good paying job, a nice small house next to a forest, and the sounds of birds chirping and footsteps running his way. That last one was weird to him. When he checked to see what it was, the creature had just bumped into him, making him lose balance and fall backwards catching whatever it was in his arms. 

When all was settled, Max checked to see what the creature was and if it was okay. He looked down to see a creature of orange and white. A bipedal creature Max had never seen before. "Are you okay?" He asked, unsure of what was going on. The creature looked at him and looked back. In the spring foliage, there were guys after it. The creature than swung around behind Max and seemed to shake. When the two guys made it, they made sure to keep a weapon aimed towards them. "Give us the creature and no one gets hurt." One of them said in a very monotone voice. They seemed to be very identical in looks. However, it could have been the black combat armor they were wearing and their height being very relatively same, as well. Max got up and walked towards them slowly showing no hostility. "Okay, but, may I know what the creature is first?" Max spoke with an idea popping in his head. One of the men soon answered, "This thing is from another world we had found not too long ago. However, it managed to escape. If you give it to us, we will leave you alone and you will be payed handsomely." Max knew it was all a scheme when he heard the word "paid". No one just gets paid for something.

Max smiled and looked at them, "Well, this one is cute and I want it. How about that?" The men looked at each confused. Soon after, Max smacked their heads together, stunning them. He decided to kick one in the stomach and throw the other into a tree knocking him out. When the soldier on the ground got up, Max held him up in the air. "Now listen to me, I am willing to let you go if none of your goons our yourself come back, okay?" The man seemed to be afraid and nodded profusely. Max let go of him and kept his smile. "Alright, then, off you go. Please do not bring anyone around here. If that does happen, you will not hear the end of it from me."

As the man ran off with his teammate on his back, Max looked at the creature. It was a very cute being that seemed very childlike in his eyes. Maybe he could keep this one safe. For the time being, he would have to bring it back to his house. "Hey, it's okay, they are not going to hurt you anymore. I will be here to protect you, okay?" He said kneeling next to it. The creature seemed to still be a little nervous after what had happened. Maybe this would be a good change of pace for the both of them. the creature soon nodded and went for one of Max's hands. Max smiled and walked her home.

When they made it home, The creature looked around and looked back at Max. "Well, here it is. My house, it isn't much but, It's yours as long as you are here with me." With what he said towards it, They seemed very happy. "Th-thank you." It said shakily. Max smiled but wanted to make sure that his surprised face would scare it. "Ah, so you can speak. That's nice." He said gently petting her head. This made the creature lean next to him. He smiled and walked over to the couch in the living room. "So, what are you? I mean, what species are you, if I am not being offensive." He said hoping he didn't his a nerve. "I don't have a name. I don't know what is going on or how I got here. One day I was walking around By myself and, poof, I was here. Right now, I am tired and just want to rest." The last sentences seemed to slow down before it fell asleep. Max smiled and looked around, The moon outside had shone onto the creature and he had an idea. "Your name shall be Luna." They had both fallen asleep with Max holding Luna, this new creature that he had decided to take care of, in his arms gently, as for he did not want to hurt the small one in any way.