Diluc dragged me outside of Mondstadt's walls and then I realize why...

Millelith and Liyuens were everywhere around our nation. They were killing everything that gets in their way just like what prince Aether was doing. I wanted to fight them, my home was getting destroyed by these nasty people, they were killing innocent residents... Why are they doing this to us? Is it not enough yet?

I didn't notice that we were already at Windrise because all I could focus on was all the dead bodies of the people that reside here. I wanted to fight... But Diluc was stopping me from doing so.

“Venti!”

I saw someone running towards me, and I felt Diluc's grip loosening. I stared at him to see what face he was making... He had a gentle and kind smile. I had never seen him smile.

“I am always on your side, Venti,” he says before I got dragged by... Xiao. This... Was he going to stay here? I can't leave him here... I can't leave my family here! Amber... I can't leave them all here!

I forcefully released my hands from Xiao's grip before running towards Diluc again. “Venti, it's too dangerous there!”

I don't care.

Fuck, I don't fucking care!

It's all you guys' fault... Because of you pesky Liyuens!

Diluc was holding his claymore as he aims to run towards our city again to protect people. Where are the Knights of Favonious who promised to fight for us?! Where are the royal family who swore to protect us from harm?! Where are they all... Why are people dying?

“Please, Venti! Just come with me!” I felt him holding my hand again, stopping me from running further.

I grit my teeth before punching him with my other hand. “What the fuck do you mean come with you, Xiao?! My friends are dying there, because of you Liyuens! I hate Liyuens, all of you! You guys are disgusting!”

He lets go of me so I started to run, but when I looked back... I saw him staring at the ground, on his knees. I don't want to... I can't run back... I can't hug him and tell him that everything's alright, because even I do not know if everything will be alright at this point.

But it still pains me to see him like that, he was hopeless.

It breaks my heart... But Mondstadt... I can't leave Mondstadt. I have to fight them...

“Can you choose me... Just for once?”

I heard him talk, voice shaking a bit. “Will you focus on me, just for now..?” he looked up... And god, I hope he didn't have to do that. His lips were quivering, and his eyes were half-lidded. I don't want to see him like this... But my eyes remains on him, as if it was glued to him and him only.

“I always choose you.” I have always... Even back then. I chose to stay with you instead of escaping to go back to my family because I realized how lonely you were, I realized how naive you are in this cruel world.

I chose to fall in love with you instead of trying to think of a way to go to my family so I could take care of my sick mother again.

I chose to stay with you until I couldn't anymore... I couldn't stay because I chose your safety.

I always choose you first before me, won't you give me the chance to choose others too?

“Let me be selfish for once... Come with me, please. We've been longing for so long. All the things that are happening aren't our fault, none of this is our responsibility. I am not a Liyuen, and you are not a Mondstadian. Let's be free, for once.”