Chapter 7

The Unordinary Life Of Ben Tennyson

Chapter 7

"Hey uhh- I've been meaning to ask- Do you still have that book about a world of people without abilities?"(Ben)

"Dude just say cripples."(John)

"It- It feels insulting-"(Ben)

"Yeah yeah. Either way no I don't, I'm letting Sera borrow it."(John)

"Wha- John she lives in the dorms!"(Ben)

"And?"(John)

"Doesn't she room with that girl who said you wasted her time by existing?"(Ben)

"Yeah?"(John)

"What if someone finds the book?"(Ben)

"I'm sure it'll be fine!"(John)

"Those were my exact words before I got arrested-"(Ben)

"Wait you were arrested before?"(John)

"What? Oh shit I said that out loud didn't I?"(Ben)

"Why were you arrested?"(John)

"As it turns out, flying over a military base as a red flying monster that shoots lasers out of it's eyes and tail gets the attention of people with the power to throw you in a jail cell- They thought I was an alien."(Ben)

"What? They thought you were from Japan or something?"(John)

"Wha-? No dumbass the space kind of alien!"(Ben)

"Right that makes more sense."(John)

"You want me to steal something from that guy you threw out of a window the other day?"(Ben)

"...Think you can somehow make it look like he set himself on fire?"(John)

"Oh please. I did that when I was a 10 year old."(Ben)

"Without your ability!"(John)

"Somewhat more complicated but I have faith in myself! Would it be cheating if I used a flaming projectile not from an ability?"(Ben)

"..No, go for it, but why were you up so late last night? You didn't seem to get much sleep and were wide awake when you kicked my door down."(John)

"Well I was out late doing.. things"(Ben)

"What or who is things?"(John)

"Eh don't worry about it! You read the news yet?"(Ben)

"We don't get the news-"(John)

"On your phone."(Ben)

"OH! No."(John)

"New vigilante around here, apparently they're a huge dinosaur that can change size!"(Ben)

John raised an eyebrow at his comment about this new vigilante. He sounded.. Excited about someone breaking the law. Granted John does hate the law, and all the authoriteis but that's personal issues. Ben did mention getting arreste- was he tortur- corrected aswell? But he still uses his ability? Maybe it's not as danger- No he's really fucking powerful.. It's because he can be trusted to use it properly. He isn't a

M̷̢̨͉̻͔̭͔̥̟̬̻̙̑́̀̎̂̅̀̿͒̌̏́͘̕͜ͅo̴̰̥̙͕̯͎̻̼͕̼͋̍̄͑͊͋n̵͈͚̍͛̀̅́̈́̾̿̐̑͆̿̚s̷̙̯̫̭͔̏ţ̴͍͔͍̰̭̳̲̩̻̩̙̫͓̗̂͒̍͐ė̶̡̼̩̐̈́̓͂̀̈́̃̾͊̌̒̐͘͠ŕ̷͕̣̝̟̜̒̽̉̎̃

"You alright dude? You look pretty out of it."(Ben)

"Right- sorry, spaced out for a second! What does this new vigilante go by?"(John)

"Oh."(Ben)

His face noticeably dropped

"People are calling him 'T-Wrecks' "(Ben)

He seemed... sad at the name? Almost like he knew what they were actually called and hated this new name?

"You alright there? You seem a big pissed at the name."(John)

"It's just there are so many better not that bad names- Like Humungousaur! Or er- uhh- Fuck I got nothing else- Big Lizard- Oh got I sound like 23- Sorry- I just- Is this what Phantom felt like?!"(Ben)

"23? Phantom?"(John)

"Vigilante's I know, they saved me a good few times- People kept calling Phantom Invis-o-bill because of his ghost ability-"(Ben)

"That- Is the dumbest name I've ever heard."(John)

"That's what he said! His name isn't even Bill!"(Ben)

"Huh. Well we'd better head out so we can get there on time."(John)

"Ugh god we need to live closer- I understand why you don't want to live at the dorms but like- Why can't we just like live there but stick together 24/7?"(Ben)

"Because if I live there I'll get thrown in the hospital and Doc'll kill me."(John)

"Fair enough, well let's go!"(Ben)