Chapter 22

In one week, Ava was released from the hospital and able to go home. The adults all made that a surprise for Amy and the kids. She was having tea with Kate, William and her cousins, and suddenly they hear someone excitedly say "Hello". They all turned to the door and smiled at the image of Ava. Sam right behind her. George and Charlotte were quick to get up and run to her.

George: Aunt Ava!

Ava bent a little bit and hugged both kids at the same time.

Charlotte: Why are you crying?

Ava: I'm just... too happy to see you, guys. Missed you both so much.

   Amy smiled at the scene.

Amy: I can't believe you didn't tell me she was coming home today! I would've packed my things and moved here.

William: Sorry, we wanted to surprise you.

William said as everyone laughed and Amy walked towards her mum to hug her.

Ava: Oh, my god, you're definitely taller. Beatrice really tried to tell me you had grown up so much, but I didn't believe her.

Amy: Well, mum, that's what happens to teenagers. They grow a few inches, even though you've given me the worst height genes.

Amy joked with Ava, who was herself only 5ft2.

Ava: You win this.

Ava said before sweetly pinching her daughter's nose and walking towards William and Kate for a hug.

William: It's so, so good to have you back, Avo-Cado.

Ava: No, Will! No! I can't believe you're still calling me that, you idiot.

William: I know you just pretend to hate it.

Kate: You two are such kids.

Kate said while hugging Ava as tight as she could after so long.

Kate: I can't believe you almost died and wanted me to say goodbye only on your funeral.

Ava: Take this as a revenge for not telling me you're giving me one more baby niece or nephew.

Kate: That's not fair.

Sam: Because telling you she's pregnant while you're stuck in Madrid after your not-so-amicable divorce to your not-very-bright ex-husband while she was currently making sure your daughter didn't die from displeasure with her ignorant dad would be such a great idea.

Ava: Can you please not talk about Harry like that?

Sam: Why? Makes you feel dumb for ever marrying a clown?

Ava: This, too. But it's because he's still Amy's father and I want our coexistence not to make us try to kill each other, okay?

Sam: Ava, I love Harry, but he's driving me crazy lately.

Amy: And that's exactly why I'm moving today. He had me for the last months, mum gets to keep me for the next few years.

Kate: As if Harry's going to accept this.

Amy: Well, that's not my problem. By the way, Ma, you knew dad just made Meghan break my phone?

Ava: Yeah, I've heard about that. You'll have a cell phone again soon, I promise. I'm going to talk to him.

Amy: Okay. Thanks. Can I go get my things to at least spend the night?

Ava: Of course.